Chapter 17

*Keiji's POV*
"We own the Sakura food chain, some key buildings in the city as well as the Haikyuu sports store..." I tried listening as Bokuto-san rattled on about his company like it was his life's greatest pride and joy.

"Other than my bodyguard, you will assume the role of my assisstant." Bokuto brought up my job scope as we walked along the hallway of the office.

"Here, we'll be sharing an office. Your table is there. You can help me uh..." Bokuto-san turned to the smart looking man behind us, "Tsutsugami, what again?"

The man pushed up his spectacles, "You can help the young master organise his schedule and files plus check the accounts and make sure he keeps up with his tasks."

I nodded. "Thank you Tsutsugami-san."

Bokuto-san gave me a sheepish look. "If you have no further need for me young master, I shall take my leave."

When Bokuto-san waved him off, he stepped back, bowed politely, adjusted his glasses again then left.

Now we were alone in the office. "I'll start by organising the files. Bokuto-san, go do your work." I headed over to the bookshelf and started sorting the files in alphabetical order and stacked the papers inside each file nicely too. Some of them were about the fast food chain and the sports store. Others were property papers as well as information on other big companies around.

As I was packing, I came across a company name. "Itachiyama pvt. ltd." I softly muttered as I dusted the file.

"Oh that company? We are rivals with them. Main reason why my old man wants me to get a bodyguard." Bokuto pipes up and swerves around to face me from his chair.

Itachiyama pvt. ltd. was a notorious company. They were famous for being harsh to their employees but their strict rules were coupled with really good pay. This explained their high productivity and good profits. Other than that, Itachiyama was just plain cruel to their rivals. They would use every chance they could to find dirt about their rivals and blacken their names. Many companies have went under because of them. There were even rumors that they were involved with the Japanese yakuza. They would be a pain to be involved with.

It was fully understandable why Bokuto's father would want to get a bodyguard for his son.

Bokuto-san stared at me, eyes sparkling as if he wanted me to ask him something.

"Bokuto-san, do your work." He wrinkles his nose. "Awhhh... Akaashi do you really not have any questions for me?"

"I'll ask you some questions later. You better finish your work first before you answer them."

"Ok!" Bokuto-san enthusiastically replies and turns back to the stack of files on his table.

(Timeskip ^.^ Brought to you by the grand king)

A day or two passed peacefully till we received a phone call from the hospital in the early hours of the morning. We rushed over, only to see the heart monitor in the ICU turn from slowing beeps to a long and painful monotone. The doctor and nurses were already around him doing what they could.

The doctor performed CPR. It did not work. Bokuto-san knees buckled, and he sat on the floor, eyes widened and staring into blank space. I closed my eyes and lowered my head in acknowledgment of Bokuto jii-san's death. "I'm sorry for your loss, Bokuto-san."