Chapter 28

*Keiji's POV*
The letters came at irregular timings. And everytime, Bokuto-san would rush out with cash. I followed him once and the money that he withdrew was not one of a small sum. I decided to end this once and for all. I brought a penknife for self-defence and headed out as Bokuto-san sneaked out once again.

The meeting place was always the same. An abandoned warehouse along the docks. Bokuto would place the money on the floor then leave. I hid at a corner. A man came and picked the envelope up. I emerged from the shadows. "Are you the one who keeps harassing Bokuto-san?" The man's eyes glinted in amusement. "Akaashi Keiji right? Pleasure to meet you. Since you came all the way here, why not I tell you something from his past?"

"No thanks, I no longer care what he has done in the past. All that matters now is that he has changed." The man whipped out a gun and aimed it straight at me. I moved quickly. Swerving to the right then running towards him while he randomly fired bullets. His magazine ran out and I kicked the gun out of his hand. I fastened his hands behind his back tightly using ropes and dragged him outside. "Don't hurt me." he kept pleading. "Is there anyone else involved in this?" "No...I j-just wanted to get some cash out of this incident before giving this scoop to Itachiyama." Itachiyama. I knew it. I clicked my tongue, irritated. Making sure no one else was in the building, i took some gasoline from the next building and the man's lighter.

The next moment, the building burst into flames. Tossing his phone and wallet into the flames, I untied him, passed him some cash and watched him scrabble away. I shoved my hands in my pockets, walking away. The extortionist was certainly not a crafty one.

*Bokuto's POV*
When I reached home, Keiji wasn't there. I tried dialling his cell. "Bokuto-san?" I heaved a sigh of relief upon hearing Keiji's voice on the other end.

"Where did you go? You scared me."

" I'm...I'm at the supermarket." He sounded funny.

"Need help?"

"No need Bokuto-san, I'm not a child." 

Keiji came back an hour later, with two bags of grocerries. Then I remembered, the fridge was still full. We just went to the supermarket yesterday so why would he need to go again? Keiji was not the type to have bad memory, in fact he was a near genius.

"Keiji tell me, seriously. Where did you go? We just went to the supermarket yesterday. Did you forget?"

"Uh...uh... Fine. I went to help you. You do not have to worry about the extortion issue anymore."

"What? Keiji I told you you should not meddle in this. Do you know how dangerous it is?" I raised my voice, angry.

"I was only trying to help. I can take care of myself pretty well Bokuto-san." Keiji was mad too.

"I was only worried for your safety. Just please don't put your life in danger anymore."

"I'm sorry Bokuto-san."

"Thank you Keiji but I'll solve my own problems next time."

"Are you sure you can Bokuto-san?"

"Keijiiiii...Are you laughing at me?"

"What if I am Bokuto-san?"

"Hoooooooot..."