Chapter 6

*Bokuto's POV*
I watched as Akaashi froze after hearing my words. But as quickly as he had paused, he resumed his duties. He looked different but yet, the same, with the pretty face that even glasses could not hide.

I looked as he disappeared into the kitchen, away from view. It had taken me so long to find him. So long.

Flashback to 3 weeks prior
"What do you mean by he's gone?" I asked Kuro, exasperated. "Exactly what I mean, Bokuto. I got a call from his father demanding where he went." That totally explained why he didn't appear after so many days. I had thought that maybe he had gotten annoyed by me and decided to head out at different timings. But I checked with his friends and none of them had seen him the past few days, in fact they hadn't seen him since that drink last week. "Plus, Iwazumi had said that he couldn't get his text through to Akaashi's phone." Kuro continued.

Just as Kuro said that, my heart felt like it had been stabbed. It was probably the last remnants of my pride shattering. My entire pride got destroyed by one person. One person! The great Bokuto Koutarou, ace of persuasion, shot down by one single person - Akaashi Keiji. I would find him and bring him back no matter what it took. I would prove to my father that I was more capable than he thought I was.

Flashback to 2 weeks ago
Kuro had ties with the embassy through his job. That's how we got to know that Akaashi was in China and had applied for visa. But where he was exactly was still a mystery. I requested Private Investigators in Beijing.

Flashback to 1 week ago
They came back with news that Akaashi had gone to Shanghai. I would go there and get him back myself, I still didn't understand why he would go so far just to escape me. Was I that menancing? Was just being  my bodyguard that hard? I shrugged and boarded the plane.

Back to present time
I sat there waiting for my dinner to be served. How I found Akaashi was just a coincidence. If I hadn't saw him while I was in the IFC, I would have considered giving up. I heard one of his fellow waiters call him Bai Ying. That was totally the reason why I couldn't find him by asking around. I narrowed my eyes. A waitress brought some food over. I waved her a wad of cash. "小姐,你能告诉我白鹰几点下班吗?" (Miss could you please tell me when does Bai Ying knock off from work?) She nodded her head and spoke in a hushed tone, "白鹰九点半下班。" (He leaves at 9.30pm.) Then, she stuck the stack of yuan (renminbi) in her pocket and gleefully made her way after saying the usual pleasantries, "请慢用。" (Please enjoy the food.)

I ate with grace as usual, or maybe slightly more refined, until it was about the restaurant closing time. I payed my bill and headed out, waiting near the back door. Akaashi probably suspected I would be at the back door, because he left by the front one. I would have continued to wait if I hadn't caught that glimpse of him amongst the night crowd. I followed behind.

I must seriously admit that Akaashi was a very sly fellow. He walked in zigzag and stopped by crowded shops, in an attempt to shake me off. It did work for a few times but Buddha being merciful made me somehow find him again. I tried to hide but Akaashi always knew I was around and continued to bring me on a wild goose chase around the shopping mall. Then, I finally lost him among the various shops.

*Akaashi's POV*
I finally lost him. How did he even find me? I walked out of the mall through the side entrance, sticking both my hands into my jean pockets. It was dark, so unless he really had owl eyesight, he would never find me. I took the subway then walked home, stopping at the nearby convenience store to get some dinner. Soon, I reached the building I had became familiar with the past one week. 'Home' was a small 1 bedroom apartment with a toilet and kitchenette attached to it. My bedroom was simple. Just a bed at the corner and a table at the other end. There was also a cabinet near the door, that was all. I was glad I passed my mobile number to no one other than the consent form I received when I applied for the job. I was thankful for that. It was easy to get information out of most people as long as money was involved.

I sighed. Bokuto-san was probably going to hang around for quite awhile until he convinces me to join his group. Why would he go so far just for that? Another sigh escaped me as I finished my bath and settled down to sleep.

  *Bokuto's POV*
I failed again. I reflected as I lay on the huge Queen size bed of my apartment in downtown Shanghai. But at least now I knew his name, 白鹰. 白鹰...白鹰 such a pretty name and it suited Akaashi really well too. The name itself made me feel butterflies and with Akaashi's picture perfect features, my heart just wouldn't stop racing. Somehow, I fell asleep.