Chapter 5

1 January. Shanghai IFC, Jin Xuan Chinese Restaurant.

*Third person's POV*
Akaashi was glad he had gotten a job at such a classy restaurant. It meant the people would have better manners and the pay would be better too. Service was natural to him although sometimes customers got on his nerves, that made his poker face a blessing.

Akaashi was grateful that the people there weren't that bad to complain about his broken Chinese. Akaashi worked really hard to master the langauge, attending daily classes at 9.30am.

When he arrived in China, his first priority was to get a phone. He got himself a gold Huawei Honour 6X at Zhong Guan Cun. Then, he went touring around Beijing, it was his first time in China afterall.

He hopped onto a bullet train to Shanghai three days later. Shanghai was a bustling city, so there would be more job opportunities there compared to Beijing. He rented a flat, glad to be able to get a cheap one. Then he applied for extension of his visa. He was definitely going to stay in China for a long time.

In China, he went by the name 白鹰 (Bai Ying). 白 (bai) meant white and 鹰(ying) meant eagle to be specific, but it also referred to bird of prey. An owl was known as 猫头鹰 (mao tou ying) in Chinese, cat head eagle. Thus, his name.

*Akaashi's POV*
Today was a day like any other. Morning jog, classes, then work. It was not the most exciting life but it beat having to stay in that house. It was really all great until 8pm.

“请问您有定位吗?” (May I ask if you have reserved a table?)

“没有。” (No, I haven't)

“请稍候。” (Please wait for a moment)

After a short while, a two person table was cleared for the gentleman. It was seldom that someone did a walk in. However, I was busy serving other customers and did not bother taking note of who it was.

"服务生,我想点菜。” (Waiter, I would like to place my order.)

“好的。” (Okay.)

I grabbed the order pad and started to head over to the man waving at me. I found myself once again looking at golden eyes. I hurriedly looked down, thanking god that I had decided to change my hairstyle and wore glasses.

"请问这位先生想吃什么?” (May I ask what you would like to eat?)

Bokuto-san started to point feverishly at different food items on the menu. I politely nodded and wrote down the orders. I walked past him to the kitchen and he whispered as I passed, "I finally found you Akaashi."