Side story 2

Akaashi opened the Monday newspaper to reveal the headlines:

PRESIDENT OF FUKURODANI ENGAGED AND GAY?

The president of Fukurondani holdings, Bokuto Koutarou was seen walking at Shinjiku with his assisstant on Sunday morning. Bokuto sported a ring on his left hand fourth finger and his assisstant, Akaashi Keiji, had the same ring on, on the same hand.

The news article was coupled with a picture of them and the rings on their fingers were circled.

Akaashi stifled a small laugh and called out for his boyfriend. "We've made the headlines Bokuto-san."

"Huh? What? Where?" Bokuto scrambled out of the bedroom, struggling to wear his tie.

In a conservative society like Japan, many people did not really support the idea of homosexual love or marriage. However, Akaashi knew that the two of them would definitely find a way to avoid an economical crisis for their company.

"Here." Akaashi pointed to the fromt page of the newspaper. Just as he did that, his mobile phone rang. It was Tsutsugami. People were starting to call the company to ask for explanations.

"Bokuto-san what are we supposed to do?"

"Tell them we are organising a press conference tomorrow."

"Ok. I'll handle the press conference."

After saying a few more words to Tsutsugami, Akaashi ended the call.

Bokuto is still struggling with the tie. Akaashi sighs with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Bokuto-san, come here. I'll tie it for you."

That made Bokuto cheer.

(Timeskip brought to you by the little neko gamer, Kenma)

"I would like to thank everyone for participating in the press conference today."

Instantly, both are drowned in a mob of camera flashes.

"Are you two really dating?" Someone shouted from the corner of the room.

"Yes we are dating."

"For how long?" Another voice sounded from the front.

"A year."

"What do you see in a homosexual relationship?"

"Am I supposed to see anything?" Bokuto asks faking an offended look. "People get attracted to different kinds of people everytime. It so happens that I get attracted to guys."

"Do you think this press conference will affect shares in your company?"

"Yes. Definitely. There are so many people out there who are homophobic. However, we have just renewed our contract with Karasuno Farming. They will continue to support us by providing fresh foods from their farms. At least we got something nailed down."

Bokuto pauses for a second before continuing.

"I'm not saying that everyone has to agree with our relationship but everyone has someone they fell in love with. And I fell in love with him."
Bokuto turns around to give Akaashi a warm look filled with affection. Akaashi returns the look with a small smile.

"Akaashi Keiji. A while ago, your father publicly disowned you. How do you think he feels about this?"

"I have not been in contact with my past family for quite a long time. But knowing my father, I do not think he will care now that we have severed ties. He would never support it though."

Bokuto gives Akaashi a reassuring pat on the shoulder before taking over at the mic.

"Does anyone have anymore questions?" Bokuto sets aside a few seconds for the crowd to process. "No? Then before we end, I've got something to say."

He gets down on one knee pulling out a box from his pocket. "Keiji. I know we've only been together for slightly over a year and we met two years ago. However, I have decided I would like to spend the rest of my life with you. So, would you marry me?"

Akaashi feels a blush spreading across his face and he nods with tears in his eyes "Yes Bokuto-san. I will."

Bokuto slips the ring on Akaashi's finger, on top of the dragon ring.

The hall errupts into a thunderous applause for Bokuto's bravery.

It was no surprise that Bokuto and Akaashi made the headlines once again the next day.