Side story

A month went by after Bokuto proposed, and...Keiji and him now shared the same bed! Bokuto was of course happy to wake up to his beloved snuggled up against him.

However that morning, Bokuto woke up because Keiji had suddenly bolted up from the bed and ran into the toilet. How does Bokuto know it was the toilet? He could hear the toilet door slam open and gagging noises followed by coughing.

He got up. "Keiji, are you ok?" Bokuto opened the door to find Keiji kneeling on the floor, throwing up in the toilet bowl. "Keiji, what's wrong?" Keiji looked terribly weak and that got Bokuto very worried. "Nothing. I'm fine. I'll just take some vitamins and nausea medicine later." Bokuto did not argue back knowing that it would be pointless arguing with Keiji, who was stubborn and firm in everything he did.

Bokuto was shocked when Keiji asked for sour plums. He spent a long time thinking on his way to the convenience store and back. Sour plums...throwing up...Pregnancy. Was Keiji pregnant? Bokuto literally  threw open the door in excitement when he got back, pulling Keiji into a hug. "Are you pregnant? Why didn't you tell me?"

Looking at his literally bouncing husband, Keiji was almost convinced that he was pregnant, but him being a down to earth type of guy knew that it was impossible. Guys could never get pregnant. "Bokuto-san, it's just stomach flu. Men can't get pregnant."

"O." Instantly, there was a huge change in Bokuto's expression. "Are you ok then? I'll make you porridge." Bokuto whispered softly and shuffled into the kitchen. Keiji too felt saddened as he watched his boyfriend's shadow disappear into the kitchen.

When Bokuto reemerged later, he is met with a surprising question. "When I recover, let's go to the orphanage for a visit ok?" Bokuto's smile that day was the most beautiful Keiji had ever seen.