Chapter 32

*Bokuto's POV*
Kuroo and I had breakfast together. There was still this gap between us but we could still have our usual talk about weather and some new animes and games and of course puns.

When Keiji came back from his run, we headed to Tome to just walk around. I got some souvenirs for Tsutsugami. Keiji bought an owl glass figurine. I had to admit it was pretty though, it reflected the light, forming small rainbow spots across the floor.

We had lunch at a ramen restaurant. In the afternoon, Keiji made me do my work. I thought we were on vacation. But Keiji threatened to tell Tsutsugami if I didn't do my work. Noooo... Listening to Tsutsugami's lecture was like a 100 times worse than doing a day's worth of work. So I sat there and did my work diligently.

Keiji had been secretive about his costume, very secretive. Well, Sawamura had also told me to be quiet about mine so I guess it was fair. Though I really wanted to know about what Keiji was wearing. I left earlier after Keiji had said he wanted to finish up what he was doing. I headed to the toilet at the ballroom to change.

*Keiji's POV*
After making sure Bokuto-san was gone, I hurriedly got into my outfit and grabbed my book, stepping into the corridor and locking the door behind me.

7.30pm, Hotel Kanyo's ballroom
*Bokuto's POV*
More and more people were streaming in. Thank god I already ate just now, because now the buffet table was packed. My hair was now down, suggested by Daichi. I wore a black mask with a gold rim plus white and grey feathers. I wore brown pants and a dark blue office shirt with the cuff links Keiji gave me. I did not know where Keiji was. Everyone was wearing fanciful masks and evening attire, I could not see. Daichi gave a speech to start the party. Then, the slow music started, everyone flocked around to find themselves a dancing partner. I was cornered by a group of girls. As I was struggling, I caught Keiji at the corner of my eye, I think it was Keiji. Black hair with curls, slim figure, it was Keiji alright. A woman had asked him for a dance and he accepted, kissing her on her hand politely and leading her to the dance floor. My heart clenched. On impulse, I dragged one of the women to the dancefloor too. She ended up stepping on my feet like 6 times throughtout the whole dance. It was painful. Keiji was graceful when he danced, twirling the woman around. She was swooning over him. The dance concluded and my dance partner apologised to me, scurrying away.

I followed Keiji, who was now at a corner, reading a book. A Japanese novel. If he was trying to keep away from attention, it wasn't working. Ladies were near him, pointing at him and gossiping. I took a glass of champagne from a tray walking towards him.

"Keiji." He looked up from his book.

"Bokuto-san. I almost could not recognise you."

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" I pouted.

My heart started beating like real fast when I saw Keiji's dark pupils bore right into mine. He looked away. "Bokuto-san, people are staring." Indeed some women were staring and pointing. I finished the champagne in a gulp, grabbing Keiji and pulling him along with me after placing the finished champagne glass on a tray. We headed outside, from the entrance to the beach. I pulled him all the way to the rocks where we went the previous day.

I don't even know what came over me. I kissed Keiji, on the mouth. Keiji froze there at first...then he accepted it. My tongue found its way into his mouth, and we became a mess of intertwining tongues and lips pressed together.

We stopped to catch our breath, now ragged. I turned on my mini torchlight I always had with me. Keiji was bright red. He covered his face and turned his head away. "Bokuto-san... You're shinning the light in my eyes."

"Ahh... I'm sorry." I got flustered and dropped my flashlight into the water.

"Oops. He he. Keiji you don't happen to have another one do you?"

"I do have one." He pulled out his and click it on, placing it between us as we sat down side by side.

I slowly moved my fingers towards his and laced our fingers together. Keiji's hand was cold but nice to touch. He had smooth skin. I'm not a pervert ok? We sat there in silence, admiring the crescent moon and twinkling stars. Keiji pointed out to three stars aligned "That's the big dipper right?" I nodded. From the faint light of the torch light, I could see the small smile playing on his lips. I felt like my heart was going to explode, it was beating so loud I was sure Keiji could hear it.

*Keiji's POV*
I was smiling. Bokuto-san's warm hand was laced with my cold one. I could feel the warmth seeping from his fingers into mine. My heart was erratically pulsating. I was sure my face was bright red, glad that it was dark so Bokuto-san could not see. Everything happened so quickly. One moment we were in the ballroom and the next, here, k-k-k-issing. I could still feel the tingling sensation on the tip of my tongue. My first kiss. I felt like a girl in love. Only difference, I was a boy...i-in l-l-lo-ve.

Fireworks errupted into the night sky somewhere further down the beach. Red, green, gold, white burst up in the dark sky. We stood up to get a better view, I could not help but to notice that Bokuto-san's fingers were still tightly intertwined with mine. We stayed there till the fireworks ended and went back, hoping no one realised we had gone missing. Bokuto-san let go of my hand and I found myself yearning to continue holding it. I restrained myself. It would be a huge scandal if someone found out. We headed back to the main beach and found everyone else there. Suga-san came up to us and gave me a wink. I blushed before I could stop myself. Suga-san laughed upon seeing my reaction, starting up a conversation with Bokuto-san about the recent economy rise. Sawamura-san came over to join the conversation, giving Bokuto-san a pat on his back as he whispered something to him. Bokuto-san turned crimson red and he looked at me shyly.

I saw Suga-san give Sawamura-san a nudge and they went away, leaving us some alone time. We spent most of the time staring at each other and blushing then repeating the same cycle over and over again until Bokuto-san broke the silence.

"Uh...Wanna go back to our room?"

Suddenly the fact that we shared a room made me overly self-conscious. "Sure...Bokuto-san."

"I told you to call me Koutarou." Bokuto-san grabbed my hand and led me in. The celebration had already disbanded a long while back. We headed back to our room on the 12th floor.

That night we fell asleep on the same bed, I cuddled up in Bokuto-san's arms.

*Suga's POV*
I gave Daichi a hi five as we headed to the car. We are so proud of our mission accomplishment. Keiji-kun and Bokuto-kun got together. "So where's my prize?" Daichi asked me as we got into the car. I reached up and gave him a peck on his forehead. Daichi shook his head and I gave him another peck, this time on his lips. "That's more like it." I gave him a glare and pouted.

"Don't be angry. I'll comfort you when we get back." That earned him a slap across his back.

"Oww. I'm sorry, you win you win. Spare me Suga-sama." Daichi said, laughing. My face turned red.