By the Cedar Tree - Project 17 (Jerrie)

I got this one-shot idea from something I saw on YouTube. This one might be a little long, but I might just be a little lazy. Enjoy!

Jade walked through the city, trying not to cry. "It's fine that my friend now hates me, that's okay," she said quietly over and over, as though it would be true eventually. Jade looked up, and saw a single cedar tree, all alone at the top of a hill. "That's odd," Jade murmured. "I've never seen that tree before in my life."

Jade walked up the hill. "You have such beautiful leaves," she said, stroking the leaves. Jade leaned against the tree. "You'd never hate me, would you?" She said. "Not like my mother hates me. Not like they way most of my friends no longer enjoy my company. Maybe I should just end my life. You'd be the only one that cares."

Suddenly, there was rustling coming from the other side of the tree. Jade jumped back from the tree. "Who's there?" She called. A beautiful blonde came around the side of the tree. "I'm sorry, did I startle you?" She asked. "A little bit," Jade replied. "Did you hear anything?"

"I did," the girl said. "I heard that your mom doesn't like you, and most of your friends don't like your company anymore. I also heard that you want to end your life." Jade's eyes widened. "You won't repeat that, will you?" She asked. "Never," the blue-eyed blonde said. "I'm Perrie." She stuck her hand out. "Jade," Jade said, reaching out and shaking Perrie's hand. 

"Perrie, what time is it?" Jade asked. "A little after noon," Perrie answered without a moment's hesitation. "How did you know that?" Jade asked. She couldn't see a watch on Perrie's wrist, and Perrie's eyes had never left her face. "Ah ... never mind how I knew it, why don't we go shopping?" Perrie asked. 

"Sure," Jade said, her excitement winning over her suspicion. "But I don't have any money," she realized, her happiness fading. "Don't worry, I have plenty," Perrie said, pulling a wallet stuffed full with money out of her jean's pocket. "How do you have so much money? Nobody in this town has that much money," Jade said. "Let's just say I'm not from around here," Perrie replied, stuffing the wallet back into her pocket.

"Shall we go?" Perrie asked. "Yeah," Jade replied. They started walking to the shopping center. "So Perrie, how old are you?" Jade asked. "I can't tell you that right now," Perrie answered. "Why not?" Jade asked. "I can't tell you that either," Perrie said apologetically. "Okay," Jade said, getting even more suspicious. 

At the mall

"Jade! Look at THIS!" Perrie squealed, pointing to a gorgeous light blue ball gown in the window. 

"Oh wow, that's so pretty," Jade commented, coming over to stand beside Perrie

"Oh wow, that's so pretty," Jade commented, coming over to stand beside Perrie. "Why don't you try it on?" Perrie's eyes lit up. "I can?" she asked. "Sure, I'll be your official judge," Jade replied. "Yay! Thank you so much!" Perrie beamed, then she tore inside the dress shop. Jade chuckled to herself. Perrie had the energy of a three-year-old. 

"Jade!" I'm in changing room four!" Perrie's voice could be heard from the back of the shop as Jade walked in. "Can I help you?" A woman asked. "My friend's in the back, trying on a dress," Jade said. The woman nodded, and moved out of Jade's way. "You almost done?" Jade called. "Yeah, can you zip me up?" Perrie asked, opening the door and turning around.