Notice (Jerrie)

Prompt: Jade's a famous author that pays more attention to her books than her wife.

So I got a lot of messages and responses, and I tallied the votes and the winning way to write this was: NO SMUT

I might put references to stuff related to smut but there will not be a sex scene. Sorry to everyone who wanted it the other way :p

This one's gonna be fluffyyyy but also saddd

The sun was setting behind the New England skyline by the time Perrie Edwards pulled her car into the driveway of the house she shared with her wife of 5 years. The blonde put the car in park, a wide smile on her face. 

Today, she had been promoted to assistant manager, and she couldn't wait to tell Jade about it. 

"Baba you won't guess ... " Perrie burst through the door, her voice trailing off when she looked around the dark entry hall. 

"Has she even been out of her study?" Perrie murmured, flicking the light switch to send light dancing around then empty room. She kicked her boots off, shrugging her jacket off as the faint sound of music reached the blonde's ears. 

Perrie climbed the stairs, the music becoming more apparent. It was The Struts. Jade was a big fan of their music. 

Perrie pushed the door open slightly, smiling softly when she saw Jade sitting in the dark oak chair Perrie had gotten her for Christmas last year. 

Jade was leaning over the paper in front of her on her elbows, tapping the pencil against her lips. Her bun had come loose and strands of hair had fallen down around her face. 

Jade was more of an old - fashioned writer, and just and old - fashioned person in general. She didn't believe in putting in any writing electronically until a rough draft was written down on paper. She drove a 1990 Ford pickup truck. The only reason the had an iPhone 8 was because Perrie had bought her a new one when her beloved iPhone 5s had been dropped in water after over 5 years of use. 

She preferred antique rugs over modern tiled floors. She hadn't gotten new glasses since before she'd met Perrie. She owned on old white MacBook from 2007. 

Perrie walked across the carpeted floor, kneeling down once she reached Jade. 

"Hi baba," Perrie murmured, pressing light kisses on Jade's shoulder. 

Jade paused the music, turning around to face her wife. 

"Hi baby," she grinned, leaning over and kissing Perrie sweetly. 

"How was work?" She asked once they'd broken apart. 

"You're looking at the new assistant manager of New England Business Asscoitates," Perrie said, beaming proudly. 

"Oh my god, that amazing!" Jade exclaimed, leaping up and hugging Perrie tightly. 

"I was thinking celebrating at your favorite Italian restaurant?" Perrie suggested, wiggling her eyebrows at Jade. 

Jade's expression sank. "That sounds amazing Pez," she sighed. 

"But you can't go," Perrie said, not bothering to hide the bitter undertones. 

"I wish I could baba, I want to celebrate with you," Jade frowned, taking Perrie's hands in hers. "But the production company set a deadline for the next chapter of the book. It's this Friday, and I only have five pages done. The book is almost over, then I promise I'll make up for everything."

"I understand," Perrie sighed. "What about I cook for us then?"

"Mmm, that sounds wonderful," Jade smiled, leaning up and pecking Perrie's lips.