Hero (Jade + Lauren)

So I was lowkey interested in writing one of these and I got encouraged to do so, so here I am. Also can we just take a minute to appreciate the goddess that is Lauren Jauregui please????

Prompt: Can you do something about them bonding over a smart ass topic?

So, my answer is okay I'll do it. It might not be exactly what you had in mind but it'll be mostly fluff with some character growth and development

Also, does anybody know what their ship name is? Jaderen? Laurade?

Jade groaned as the bell rang, signaling the end of class. Biology was her favorite class, not so much for the topics they studied, but rather the gorgeous raven haired girl that sat two seats away from her on her right.

Sighing, Jade gathered her books and stuffed them into her backpack. She jumped as a paper was thrust in front of her. 

"Look what I found!" Her best friend Perrie exclaimed. "This is perfect for you!"

Jade snatched the paper from Perrie, examining it as she made her way out of the classroom. 

WHAT IS A HERO?

Write a speech about what your definition of a hero is, and show it to Mrs Woods. The best written speech will be read by the writer at the assembly on character 5 months from now. 

Mrs Woods' room is room 304. 

Good luck to all who are participating!

"Nice try," Jade replied, shoving the flyer back into Perrie's hands. "You know how I get up on stage. I freeze up. I don't need to embarrass myself in front of the whole school, thanks."

"Just consider it," Perrie persisted, stuffing the flyer into Jade's backpack before the brunette could protest. "Please?"

Jade heaved a long sigh, giving Perrie a tight smile. "Fine," she said. "I'll think about it."

Perrie grinned, giving Jade a quick hug. "You won't regret doing it!" She said. "I believe in you!" 

Jade found herself chuckling as she watched Perrie skip off down the hallway. Her joy was short lived however, as she realized that today she didn't have the same lunch block as her bubbly best friend. She'd have to sit alone, as she always did during this day of the rotation. 

Sophomore year had been her favorite year. That year she, Perrie, and their friends Jesy and Leigh Anne had been an inseparable group. Despite Jesy being a senior and Leigh Anne being a junior, they always found a way to sit together at lunch, hang out in the hallways, and they'd always walk to one of the girl's houses after school and help each other with their homework. 

But now, in senior year, it was just her and Perrie left from their group. Jesy and Leigh Anne were both off at their respective colleges. Jade had never been one to reach out and make friends, people were usually more drawn to Perrie's energy, than Jade's quiet presence anyways. 

As Jade neared the cafeteria, her stomach turned over at the cheerful noise already coming from the room. She almost skipping lunch and reading in the library, as she sometimes did if she wasn't feeling particularly hungry. 

However, her stomach rumbled, making her mind up for her. "Fine," Jade grumbled, giving in to her hunger and trudging into the cafeteria. 

All the tables were filled with chattering students save one, seemingly shoved into the corner and out of the way of the other tables. A lone chair was pushed up against the table. Perfect for a loner, Jade thought bitterly as she passed a table full of Perrie's friends. Not a single one of them invited her to sit with them. They didn't even look up as she passed by.