Weeping Willows (Jerrie)

Sad - ish oneshot so idk have tissues on standby I guess

The clock in the center of town struck midnight, its loud chimes reaching the ears of a petite Geordie who was climbing a hill on the edge of town. The cold wind blew her long brown hair all around, a tanned hand coming up to brush the air out of her face. A tired smile reached her face when she caught sight of where she was headed. 

A weeping willow tree sat in a grove of trees at the top of the hill, its long, thin branches scraping the ground. The leaves formed a thick wall, preventing anyone from viewing anything under the branches unless they were to physically part the leaves. 

It was their special spot. It had been since they'd fallen in love. 

Jade Thirlwall and Perrie Edwards had been dating for almost two years now. It was their anniversary tomorrow. 

They were blindly, hopelessly in love. 

They'd met a couple years ago, in their local bar. Perrie had been drunk out of her mind, and the first time Jade ever saw the blonde, was when she was up on stage singing along to a karaoke song. Perrie's eyes had been slightly crossed, her hair was a mess, her lipstick was smudged, but Jade had never seen anyone so beautiful. 

Because Perrie had looked free and happy. 

They locked eyes from across the room, and even in Perrie's drunken state she managed to keep her eyes gazing into Jade's for the entire song. 

After that, Perrie had fallen off the stage, and Jade had been there to catch her. Jade had decided to take the blonde back to her house, and they went on their first date a few days after that. 

And then, the rest was history. And Jade knew that in her heart, someday she was going to marry Perrie Edwards. There was nobody else she could imagine herself with. No one at all. 

***********

Perrie opened her bedroom window slightly, wincing as it creaked. Her mother was a light sleeper, but hopefully her father's loud snores would hide any suspicious noises. 

The thing about how they met, was that Perrie was underage at that bar. Jade had just turned 21, so she was celebrating by having her first real drink. Perrie, however, was 18. The age gap was only 3 years, but that amount, combined with Perrie's incredibly homophobic parents, was why they disapproved of her and Jade's relationship. They'd even gone as far as to forbid Perrie from seeing Jade romantically, and as friends. 

"Perrie!" Perrie turned around to see her brother Johnny standing in the doorway, his muscular arms crossed over his chest. "What are you doing?" He demanded. 

Perrie froze with one leg dangling out of the window. "Just going ... night running," she lied lamely. 

"You're going to see Jade aren't you?" Johnny spat Jade's name out like it was poison. 

"Please don't tell anyone," Perrie begged. "I'll do anything."

"Sorry, it's my duty to protect you," Johnny said. 

Perrie quickly swung her other leg over the windowsill and dropped to the ground as Johnny shouted for her parents. Perrie tore across their carefully cut lawn, only stumbling once over a dog toy left out in the yard accidentally. 

Just as Perrie reached the edge of yard, all the lights in the Edwards mansion turned on. Perrie quickly sprinted across the street, and ducking into an alley behind a large brick building. Once the dark shadows fell over and around Perrie, she breathed a sigh of relief, slowing to a jog. 

She and Jade often used these passages to sneak around the city, or when they just needed a moment to be themselves. Perrie knew the way around back here like she knew her name, or that she loved Jade more than anything else.