New Year's Day (Jerrie)

And we're back to our regularly scheduled programming with some Jerrie! Thank you to @AzulOscuroLovesPizza for requesting this :)

This is roughly going to be based off the song "New Year's Day" by Pentatonix. It's a beautiful song that makes me cry every time I listen to it. Hearing it live just ... hits different. You know how it is. I'll put the song above for you to listen to. 

Anyways, enjoy!

30 minutes until midnight.

The small town that Jade and Perrie were staying in was alive with festivity. When they planned their trip to Iceland for New Year's, they had never imagined it would be this beautiful. They had wanted to stay just outside of the capital city, so that it would be quiet, but they were near to everything as well. 

What they hadn't expected, however, were the gatherings outside. Everybody was outside of their houses, dancing in the town center to loud music booming from somewhere. The statue in the center was decked out with lights, stringing from its head to the roofs of the houses abutting the square. 

Amidst all the revelry, the two Geordies were dancing like there was no tomorrow. Jade's arm was wrapped around Perrie's waist, the blonde's arm thrown over her shoulder, a drink in their free hands. Above them, fireworks lit up the dark sky, continuously shooting up from Reykjavík, the capital city. 

As they neared midnight, the party quiet down to near silence, as one by one everybody held up a phone flashlight or a lighter. A quiet anticipation settled over the crowd, as they waited for the countdown to begin. 

When the clock reached ten seconds till, the entire town started shouting the countdown. 

"10!"

"9!"

"8!"

"7!"

"6!"

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

Jade leaned up and pressed her lips to Perrie's as the clock struck midnight, the town's cheers surrounding them. They heard a boom from above and they both looked up to see the fireworks start up again, illuminating the sky in brilliant colors. 

"Happy New Year baba," Jade grinned, leaning in to nuzzle Perrie's nose. 

"Happy New Year," Perrie replied once they'd pulled apart, pressing a kiss to Jade's temple before downing the rest of her drink. Jade giggled, and followed suit. 

As time passed, people slowly began to stumble out of the town square, rubbing their eyes tiredly. Soon, only Jade and Perrie were left, swaying gently in each other's arms. 

Jade let out a yawn, her head resting on Perrie's shoulder. 

"You ready to retire for the night?" Perrie asked softly, kissing the top of Jade's head. 

"Mhm," Jade murmured, reluctantly separating from Perrie. They looked around at the lit up square one last time, their hearts overflowing with happiness. 

"Let's get you home," Perrie said softly, wrapping an arm around a very sleepy Jade and guiding her down the street and back to the little cabin they'd rented for their stay. She opened the door and led Jade in, helping her out of her party clothes and into some pajamas. 

"This was ... so perfect," Jade mumbled, rubbing her eyes and collapsing onto the bed. 

"I know," Perrie replied, quickly slipping her nightshirt on and climbing beneath the sheets. As soon as she got comfortable, Jade rolled over and tangled her legs with Perrie's, her head on the blonde's chest. 

"Goodnight babe," Perrie said softly, pressing a kiss to Jade's head before closing her eyes. The bliss she felt in the moment was irreplaceable. 

Another short drabble, but full of fluff. I really like this one actually, I'm proud of how it turned out. Hope you enjoyed!