Lonesome (Jerrie)

Prompt: Can you please do a oneshot where Jerrie has broken up and either Jade or Perrie is miserable? 

Sure I will it just might not be very good

Also warning this one talks about drugs and alcohol and such so it might be triggering so watch out

The sun had started to set, bathing the world in a dark red hue. Up and down the street, lights started to flicker on, creating warm yellow pools of light on the sidewalk. 

However, one house stayed dark. Its dark blue shutters stayed shut tight, the only light on was the front hall light, peeking through the small window on the door. Even that light was dimming, flickering every few minutes. It was doubtful it had even been looked at in a while.

The white paint was chipping, the walkway had grass growing in it, and one of the steps was missing a wooden beam. The owner of the house wouldn't know any of this. She hadn't been herself in months.

The house was once beautiful no doubt, with the dark shutters contrasting the lightness of the paint, the intricately carved railings leading up to the front door, the door itself owning a dull brass knocker that once shone in the sun. 

Inside the house, a woman sat, resembling the outside of her home: a mess. Her blonde hair had long since lost its beautiful shine, and her dull blue eyes were locked on the beer bottle clutched in her hand. Her skin shone a ghostly pale, yearning for the kiss of sunlight that would bring color back to her cheeks. 

The shades had sat shut, the shutters drawn, the house swamped in darkness. The blonde didn't mind. If the lights stayed off, there was no way she would accidentally catch a glimpse of her reflection. 

She hadn't looked at herself in a long time. She hadn't left the house as herself in months. She hadn't done anything except drink herself into a blackout and get so high she forgot who she was. 

Unfortunately, reality always came the morning after, and she found herself trapped in a downward spiral, and there was nobody there to pull her out. 

When she'd lost Jade, she'd lost everyone. 

When the news of their messy breakup had circulated, all of their friends had flocked to Jade's side, leaving her with nothing but the bottles upon bottles of alcohol left one night from a party Jade had thrown when the blonde was out late. 

At the beginning, people had come to visit her. Back before the only reason she'd leave the house was for alcohol. Back before she'd turned to drugs for company, when everyone vanished, leaving only painful memories behind.

But nobody came anymore. 

Nobody cared. 

It seemed as though the world had forgotten about Perrie Edwards, the once beloved pop star. She hadn't just fallen off the face of the earth, she'd plummeted, and landed hard. 

Perrie lifted her bloodshot eyes, staring at the dark tv screen a few yards away. It was too dark to see her reflection. She hadn't turned on the tv since she'd stumbled upon Little Mix getting interviewed on a news show. 

She hadn't watched for more than a minute, her eyes locked onto Jade, standing in between Jesy and Leigh Anne. She'd watched Jade laugh with the other two members, her caramel eyes sparkling, then the blonde had turned the tv off. 

It hurt. So much. 

It had gotten to the point where there was barely a waking moment where Perrie was sober. The pain was unbearable. 

Not even her parents had come to see her. They came once after the breakup, and Perrie had drunkeny thrown an empty bottle at her father's head. It missed and shattered on the wall behind them, and they left without another word and hadn't come back since.