Over (Jerrie)

Hey guys, I know it's been a while and I'm sorry I've been so inactive. Also, sorry that I came back with a super angsty one shot but I felt inspired for the first time in a while so I went with it. 

Like I mentioned earlier, this one shot is very angsty. Sorry bout that. Hope you enjoy anyways

Perrie was drowning in regret, the heavy weight of guilt dragging her down, deeper and deeper underwater. She couldn't breathe without the telltale ache in her chest, as if a heavy boulder was pressing it down, trapping her beneath it.

She couldn't think without seeing Jade's face, contorted in hurt and disbelief. Her beautiful brown eyes that never cried, shimmering with unshed tears. To know the pain she caused Jade was so great that it was etched across her usually impassive face was possibly the worst part in this whole mess. To know she could manage to fuck up the most important thing in her life so easily, that years of love and trust had been shattered in such a short amount of time was sickening.

She had wanted to hurt Jade. She had stormed out of their house, her anger a raging hurricane inside of her, at the center of the storm a ball of hurt. She had wanted to make the brunette feel pain like she had been caused. So she charged in blinded by rage and hurt, and shattered their love as if it was as fragile as a glass window, waiting for a stone to be thrown.

The walk back to their house had been particularly hard, each step bringing her closer to the inevitable doom of their relationship. She had known Jade would know where she had been. What she had done. There were no amount of lies she could have told to save herself. She didn't want it to end, she loved Jade with such a fierceness it overwhelmed her. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with the beautiful brunette.

Yet here she was, sitting alone on the floor of their lake house, staring at the papers that, when signed, would mean that they were truly over. For good. No salvaging their marriage, no trying to make it work. It was just done. that was the last thing she wanted, but it was everything that Jade wanted. She had made that abundantly clear when these papers had shown up on the doorstep a few days ago with a note on top of it.

Sign these and bring them by the house and we'll set up a meeting with a lawyer.

When Perrie picked up the papers, Jade's wedding ring had fallen from them to the ground.

The papers on the table remained unsigned, untouched since they'd been placed there. She didn't want to sign them, didn't want to forever sever the tie between them. She reached up to touch Jade's ring, which hung on a chain around her neck. She'd gone out yesterday for the first time since their fight to buy the chain. She considered herself very lucky to not have run into anyone who knew her. It's not every day that a pop star can go out in public and not be recognized.

Or maybe it was not that she wasn't recognized, it was just that nobody dared approach her. Maybe the empty look in her eyes drove them away, or the dark circles bleeding down into her cheeks. She hadn't slept in days, she couldn't without seeing Jade's face, and reliving their argument. More of a screaming match, really.

Perrie winced every time she thought of what she shouted at Jade that day, and she wished she could take back all of her harsh words. She hadn't meant any of the things she'd said, it was in the heat of the moment that they had come rushing out of her like a roaring wave. 

Jade had said some terrible things too. Perrie wondered if she meant them. They hadn't spoken since that day, the day she got kicked out of her own home. 

"I think it's best we have some space right now. Please, just leave."

So she'd left after hastily packing a suitcase. Luckily, the lake house had a functioning laundry system, so she didn't have to go back to wash her clothes. She knew she'd have to go back at some point. Everything she owned outside of that suitcase was still there.