Dark (Jerrie)

Sad one shot. Sorry guys. I'm kinda in the mood to write this tho, and I just wanted to see where this goes. I wrote this at like midnight, so sorry if you get confused cos I don't use their names a ton. I use their names like twice in the one shot. Anyways, hope you enjoy.

It was dark. The sun was shining outside, but the shades were drawn tight to block its rays of light. The brunette couldn't bear to look at the clear sky. Not when everything she felt was dark. 

She squeezed her eyes shut, her small frame curled in on itself on the bed meant for two. This bed held everything. Every memory, every touch, every feeling. It was where their relationship had started. 

It was where their relationship had ended. 

This bed was home to their first I love you. It was where they had laid every night, legs tangled together as fingers grazed soft skin. It had heard every loving word whispered, exchanged between the two as if on the same breath of air. 

They had shared their first kiss between these silken sheets, bodies pressed so close together, hearts beating as one. It was where they had shared their lass kiss, full of salt from the tears abusing both their cheeks. It was when she'd been so close, achingly close, to letting the blonde stay. 

But she couldn't. She couldn't bear to look at her every day, and having the pain of heartbreak wash over, fresh as if it had just happened to her in that minute. She couldn't look at her lips, and know that she hadn't been the only one to kiss them. To feel her body, and know that other hands had explored her soft skin, had touched her the way she used to. 

It hadn't been easy, letting what had been - what still was - the most important thing in her life walk out the door. But it had to be done. 

She turned her head, letting the blonde's vanilla scent that still lingered in the sheets overpower her. Had it only been mere hours since she'd been here last, overpowered with guilt and regret?

It felt like time had slowed to a stop. Nothing mattered to her anymore. Not when the one person she loved more than herself had taken her heart and thrown it on the floor. Not when she had given her fragile heart to the blonde, and she had shattered it as if it was made of glass. 

She had walked in on her packing a suitcase. She'd known it was happening, ever since she'd seen her on top of him in their bed. But it didn't stop the pain that shot through her soul, as fast as an arrow to the heart. 

"Almost done?" She asked quietly, taking a cautionary step into the room. The blonde turned sharply, her red rimmed eyes swimming with a multitude of emotions. 

Her hands started to tremble, and the suitcase slipped from her hands and onto the floor. "Jade," she whispered. 

She felt her whole body begin to shake as her name left the blonde's lips, a weak plea. "I - I can't," she said brokenly. 

The blonde took a hesitant step toward her, tears begging to escape her eyes. 

"No," Jade breathed, and she repeated that single word with each step she took closer. "Perrie."

She stopped in front of the brunette, her bottom lip quivering. In one swift motion she cupped her cheeks in unsteady hands, and crushed her lips against the smaller woman's. 

She kissed her back, hearing the plea within the kiss. 

"I'm sorry," the blonde whispered in between each kiss. "I'm so fucking sorry."

She backed the brunette toward the bed, until her calves were touching the smooth wood of the frame. She was up on her tiptoes, wavering unsteadily, until she fell back, the cushion of the mattress catching her back. The kisses went on, and she let herself be lost in the moment, and pushed the looming thoughts that this was their last kiss ever out of her mind.

Eventually she pushed her away. She couldn't do this, couldn't feel like this anymore. She knew now, more than ever, that she would never be able to kiss her again without tasting him on her lips. She sat back on her knees, her blue eyes cloudy. She looked hurt to be pushed away, but pained realization was dawning on her face. 

She took one last look at the love of her life, the wet tracks on her cheeks left by tears, the light dusting of freckles across the bridge of her nose, her sapphire eyes that held the galaxy in them.

"Perrie," she said quietly, her voice cracking on the last syllable. "Please."

At her words the somber blonde let out a cry and keeled over, her arms wrapped around herself. She watched her cry, her body shaking with anguished sobs. She longed to reach out and touch her, run her fingers over her pale skin one last time. But she held her hands close to her chest, afraid that if she touched her she would be burned. 

When her sobs slowed to heavy breaths, she slowly uncurled her body and sat up, staring at the brunette. "Jade," she whispered, reaching out a trembling hand toward her. 

"Don't make me say it," she cried out. "Please."

She withdrew her hand and stood, her bottom lip starting to tremble again. She searched her eyes, desperately hoping beyond reason that she'd be asked to stay, to be stopped in her movements. But no sound came from the woman on the bed, and she watched as she picked up the suitcase and dragged it toward the door, away from the woman she'd managed to break beyond repair. 

She took one step out of the room, and hesitated. She turned back one last time, the anguish in her eyes almost unbearable. "I'll always love you," she said softly. 

After getting only silence from the other woman she bit her lip to stop from crying again, and left the room. Only once she was gone did the brunette allow herself to speak. "But you'll always love him more," she whispered, the words evaporating in the still air. 

She heard the door to their apartment open as she left, the longest and most beautiful chapter of her life ending as the door shut. 

She hadn't moved from the bed since, the only sounds escaping through her lips were quiet sobs. Outside her apartment the sun had set, the light of the day ending, just like the light of her life had left her. But she wasn't foolish. She knew that she had been gone before today. 

As the night wore on she laid on that bed, her eyes glossy as they stared into the shadows covering her room. They were just like her, the shadows. 

All she felt was darkness.

So this turned out incredibly depressing, so sorry about that. I hope you still enjoyed it though!