Always On My Mind

He wanted it back. He wanted it all back. Because truth be told, he missed it. He missed everything they had and did together. He missed her.

He missed her fiery personality and the way she would do crazy things for the thrill.
He missed her contagious laugh and gorgeous smile.

How she would squeeze his hand when she got nervous or scared.

The way her eyes shined like diamonds and the way her skin glowed when bathed in sunlight.

The way she said his name in different situations. Sweet and soft when speaking to or of him. Deep and breathy when in throes of passion. Or raspy when she was angry at him. And if he was being honest with himself there was something sexy about the way she said his name when she was angry with him.

He missed the way her legs tightened around his waist when he picked her up.

And how she would run her fingers through his hair subconsciously as they talked and cuddled. Or when she would pull lightly on the strands as they kissed.

The way she would push him back and straddle his legs with her own.

The way she would look up at him through her eyelids when on her knees in front of him.

The way her body would react to his touch, like when he placed his lips against the spot on her neck.

The way she would drag her fingernails lightly across his back as the feeling overtook her.

And the sounds they shared together as they filled each other so completely.

He missed waking up to her in his bed, or sneaking out of her window in the early hours of the morning.

He missed her. And he wanted it all back. Every beautiful moment they shared together, even the bad ones. And they had their fair share of both.

He loved her. He loved her through all the good and bad times, and there was a lot of both. He loved her despite her flaws, because to him she was perfect, and he loves everything she hates about herself.

He loved her the moment he laid eyes on her, and truth be told he never stopped loving her. Even after all these years.

He can't help but fondly remember all the times she would sneak him into her bedroom window. Or when she would pull him into an abandoned closet at school for an impromptu make-out session. It was all indications that she loved him, with everything in her. Not that she hid it.

When she would fall apart around him she would do so letting his name roll off her tongue repeatedly and letting the words "I love you" slip from her lips.

She had him, in every way possible. Emotionally, mentally, physically. She had him wrapped around her finger from the day they met, hell, she still has him wrapped around her finger and they haven't spoken in years.

But he wouldn't have it any other way.

His love for her never went away, and he knew deep down that it never ever would.

Perhaps that's why his wife left, and perhaps that's why he drank so much. To try and swallow her memory. But it was no use, because she was it.

He had never been in love before her, everyone before her was so meaningless to him. But when he met her his entire world flipped upside down and FP Jones fell in love for the very first time. She stole his heart.

He'll never forget the first time he saw her, it was like she was the only person in the world... Alice Smith.

Alice Cooper now since she married the rich, boring, son of the snobbiest family in Riverdale.

FP always said he wasn't right for her, said he didn't match her in any way. They were as opposite as two people could be. But over the years he had managed to turn her into the perfect stepford. The girl his parents would approve of for their perfect son, the woman who would have his children that they would raise in a white picket yard and big suburban house.

It all made FP sick, for he knew the real Alice. The one who would try anything once just to say she had, the one who would do risky things because she loved the thrill. He loved that side of her, and deep down he knew that side was still there. She knew it too, but she hardly ever let that side of her come out. She didn't want to bring out that part of her when she had worked so hard to keep it at bay.

He loved her even now and still she's always on his mind, just like when they were young.

He hadn't seen her a lot, since she has now loved to the Northside of town and he had stayed on the Southside. But when he did see her his heart still fluttered for her and he wanted nothing more than to kiss her and tell her he loved her.

But she's married, to the wrong man mind you, but nonetheless married.

So instead he's left to his memories of her. And he'll never forget the day he first laid his eyes on Alice Smith in the fall of 1994.

⚜️