Wounded

"Well hello there beautiful." FP says as he walks up the bar.

"Hello yourself." She says, leaning over the counter to kiss him. "Beer?" She asks, knowing him all too well.

"Please." He answers and she smiles as she pops the cap off of a bottle and hands it to him.

"Tallboy's over there somewhere," she says, waving her hand in the direction of wherever Tallboy is. "I'm sure he's waiting for you." FP nods and heads in the direction she pointed as she gets back to work.

"Hey you're here!" Tallboy exclaims, already a little tipsy and FP laughs at his friend as he sits down.

The night goes by without a hitch and FP sits and talks and drinks with his Serpent friends for hours. Alice stops by the table frequently to take drink orders and bring drinks over and will stand there and talk for a few minutes before getting back to the bar.

Hours go by and everyone seems to be having a good time until the sound of eerie laughter drifts closer to the building. Everyone looks around the room, blood running cold as they listen to the voices, the laughs, the cheers and hollers. FP and Tallboy make eye contact, knowing exactly who those sounds belong to: The Ghoulies.

Sure enough the doors of the Whyte Wyrm fly open and in Come the Ghoulies, waving their signature weapons and looking so creepy it send a chill through the room.

In a split second the room descends into chaos, everyone trying to get Ghoulies off of Serpent land. FP looks over to the bar and sees Alice watching the scene unfold. He practically sprints over to the bar. "Alice, you have to hide." He tells her.

"Where?" She asks, a flash of panic in her blue eyes.

"Anywhere, just get the hell away from here. Go!" He says and she quickly runs out from behind the bar as FP turns to look at the fight happening in front of his eyes. The entire building is in chaos; the Serpents fighting the Ghoulies.

Little did FP know that Penny Peabody had come in earlier and watched as Alice ran away, watched as she hid, and whispered into the ear of a Ghoulie where exactly she is.

A Ghoulie grips FP by the collar, startling him, and he reaches behind him to punch the guy. He tackles him to he floor, delivering blow by blow, until he sees red. He doesn't register much else after a punch is delivered to his face and his ears ring as he hits the ground.

He vaguely registers someone yelling and the Ghoulies filing out of the building. "Shit, you okay man?" Tallboy asks as he pulls FP up by the arm.

"I'm fine, just got a busted cheek." FP says as he wipes the blood from his cheek. "Where's Alice?"

"I don't know, I haven't seen her since before the Ghoulie raid."

"She's probably still hiding. I'm gonna go find her."

He walks into every room he can get into and calls for her but he doesn't get an answer.

He walks into a room at the very back of the building and looks around, seeing things tipped over papers littering the floor. His heart sinks. "Alice?" He calls out. "Al?"

"FP." A small voice says. He follows the sound to behind the desk and sees Alice crouched behind it, shaking in fear.

"There you are. Everything's okay now, the Ghoulies are gone. She doesn't answer, just looks at him with tears in her eyes as she slowly looks down. FP sees blood on her hand and she slowly moves it away, revealing a deep gash in her stomach. A stab wound. "No!" FP exclaims as he starts to panic. Alice, his perfect, innocent, beautiful Alice got stabbed by a Ghoulie. "No, no, no, baby." He says as he places his hand over the wound. "Come on, we have to get you out of here." He scoops her up into his arms and she yelps in pain.

He carries her out of the room and into the main part of the bar. Collective gasps come from everyone in the building as they look at them, more specifically at Alice who's shirt and hands are soaked in her own blood.

"Shit. What happened?" Viper asks as he walks over to them.

"She got stabbed. I need to get her to the hospital." FP says as he tries to get past everyone.

"Give me your keys." Viper says.

"What?"

"Give me your keys. I'll drive, you sit in the back and put pressure on the wound, try to stop the bleeding as best you can." FP nods and tells him the keys are in his jacket pocket. He retrieves them and walks out of the building, FP following close behind.

FP gets in the back seat and Alice clings onto him. Blood starts coming out of the corner of her mouth and he wipes it away with his thumb. Her eyes start getting heavy and he lightly pats her cheek. "Don't close your eyes baby, just stay with me. Keep your eyes open and on me. Don't close them." She looks up at him, staring into his eyes as hers gloss over with tears.

He places his hand over the wound on her stomach and presses down, putting pressure on it to try and stop the bleeding, or at least control it until they make it to the hospital.

Her eyes start closing slightly and he panics, praying he isn't losing her already. "Please don't go baby, stay with me. You're going to be just fine, I won't let anything bad happen to you, just stay with me."