Mr and Mrs Cooper

"They're going to hate me." Alice whines as she follows Hal into his house.

"They won't hate you."

"Yes they will. I'm the girl from the wrong side of the tracks who's here to ruin their baby boy. The only thing they know is that I was in a home because I was pregnant." The mention of her pregnancy is still a sore spot for her.

"They're gonna love you. Just like me." He kisses her softly and takes her hand to lead her inside. "Mom, dad, this is Alice. Alice, this is my mom, Evelyn and my dad, Henry."

"Nice to meet you, dear." Mrs Cooper looks her up and down as Mr Cooper greets her. She pulls on her skirt to make it a little longer, feeling judged under the woman's gaze.

"Nice to meet you too." She smiles at them, still getting a glare from Mrs Cooper.

"Harold has told us a lot about you, young lady." Mrs Cooper finally speaks.

"All good I hope." Alice jokes, making Hal and his father smile.

"If you consider having a child out of wedlock and living on the Southside good, then yes, all good."

Alice feels her stomach tangle in knots and Hal clears his throat, pulling out a chair for Alice to sit down.

_____

"So, Alice. Harold told us that your previous boyfriend is in prison for drug related charges."

Alice's mouth gapes open and she digs her nails into her palms. "Uh, well, yes. That's true. He was set up."

"Still, he was idiotic enough to land himself in such hot water. Hopefully you won't have that influence on our Harold."

"Of course not, I didn't influence FP either."

"Well, we just don't want to take our chances what with graduation just two weeks away."

"I-"

"He also said you went to prison. I presume that was because of drug related charges as well."

"Well-"

"Mom, knock it off." Hal scolds.

"It's okay, Hal." Alice smiles softly at him. "Yes, I did go to prison and yes it was under drug related charges but it was a big misunderstanding."

"Quite shameful behaviour, colleges must frown upon that."

"Actually not so much, before I went to the Sisters I met with a few college programs and they all seemed quite impressed. Despite my past and your obvious distaste of me, I'm a smart girl. Colleges look at my brain not my record." She stands up from the table. "Excuse me." She drops her napkin on the table and walks off in search of the bathroom.

_____

"Alice? It's me." Hal knocks on the door and she sighs before opening it to let him. "I'm so sorry!"

She doesn't say anything just pulls him in and shuts the door before kissing him, hard. He's shocked but his hands come to her hips and he kisses her back.

She hoists herself up onto the counter and hooks her legs around his waist, that's when he pulls away. "Alice-"

"Hal, we don't have to do anything, just kiss me."

He tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "Don't you want to talk about what happened out there?"

"No. I want to make out with you and let you feel me up in your parents bathroom to spite your mother."

He chuckles. "Alice, you really think this is the best way to spite my mom?"

"Well I'd say we could fuck but I know you're not ready, and I respect that, so yes. This is the next best thing. She thinks I'm such a bad influence on her son, might as well prove her right."

"I think you did enough right before you walked off, she was speechless."

"That was my intention." She kisses him softly and slips off the counter. "You're right, maybe I should just drop it. I'm not looking for her approval, I have yours, that's all I need."

"I love you."

"I know." She kisses his cheek. "I love you too."

_____

A/N
This is sort of my take on season 3 Alice, how she's been hurt and is seeking comfort in the farm. She's hurt by FP being in prison, by having to give up Chic, and is searching for validation in Hal. She knows she doesn't truly love him how she loves FP but he loves her, and that's enough for her.