Arrested

"What the hell happened to him?" Alice demands. Hogeye is silent. "Hogeye, I swear to God you better tell me what the hell is going on or I'll-"

"He was arrested." Alice's mouth falls open. "He called me from the slammer, told me to pick you up so he could see you."

"Oh my God." She sits back in her seat and stares out the window, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Hey, hey Smith. He's going to be fine," Hogeye pats her knee. "he's a strong kid, he'll be alright."

They pull into the lot of the station and Alice rushes inside to find FP. "Where is he?"

"Who?" The sheriff questions.

"FP Jones, where is he?"

"Are you family?"

"I'm his girlfriend."

"Sorry, m'am you can't see him."

"I am his family, let me see him!"

"I'm sorry we can't-"

"Alice!" FP calls for her as an officer is leading him away.

"FP." She rushes over to him, ignoring the calls of the sheriff telling her to come back.

She throws her arms around him and he nuzzles his head into her neck since the officer still has his hands pulled behind him. "Fuck, I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean for this to happen."

"I know, I know that." She clings onto him tightly trying to hold back tears.

"We have to go." The officer speaks.

"What? Go where?"

"He's under arrest for possession of hard drugs and illegal selling of said drugs."

"You can't arrest him, he's only 17."

"Which makes it that much more illegal."

"At least let me say goodbye!" FP pleads with the officer. "She's having my baby, let me say goodbye to my fucking girlfriend and our kid!"

The officer sighs and lets him go, allowing FP to wrap his arms tightly around Alice. "I love you so much, Al."

"I love you, FP."

"I'm sorry, Penny threatened your life if I didn't do this. I had to baby, I'm sorry." She can feel his body shake as he cries into her shoulder. "I don't want to leave you and our munchkin."

"I'll come visit you."

"But what if I'm stuck in here a while, I'm going to miss everything, Al!"

"I'm going to get you out of here, FP... I promise. I'm going to find you the best lawyer and we're going to get you out of here."

"It's time to go." The officer tells him.

"I love you. Never forget that." He kisses her softly and placed his hand on her stomach. "I love you too, kiddo." He leans down and presses a kiss to her stomach and she feels tears start streaming down her cheeks.

The officer takes him away as Alice watches numbly. And when he's completely out of her sight she crumbles, falling to the floor, tears steadily streaming down her cheeks.