Official

1 month later
FP meant what he said, he wanted his first time with Alice to be special, and he intended to stay true to that. They had only met just under a month ago and they weren't even official yet. Although it was an unspoken truth that everyone at the school knew.

It's not like they hid it, walking hand in hand through the halls, stopping one another for a quick kiss, or pulling each other into a supply closet in between classes. They were crazy about each other, had been since the first day they met, though neither of them would admit it.

They've managed to go this long without an argument, which surprised them and their friends. It was no secret that both FP and Alice were stubborn as hell and incredibly stuck in their ways.

Perhaps that's why they got along so well.

But they were destined to clash at some point.

That point came in the form of Gladys Knight, a girl who had carried a torch for FP throughout all the years she'd known him.

He never so much as spared her glance in that way, he just never felt that way about her, and he'd known her since the 8th grade.

But now she's in his 4th period class, Law with Ms. Chambers. He's been in the class for a month and still hates going. Law wasn't something he specifically wanted to take, especially being a Serpent and all, but he had to fill space on his timetable so here he is.

He does have it with Fred and Hermione though, which makes it a little more bearable.
They take their seats as the teacher begins the lesson.

"Alright so we have our first assignment. I'm going to be pairing you up with someone and you'll be completing the given project." She says, then she begins reading off the list of names. FP waits anxiously for their names to be called, hoping he'll be paired with either Fred or Hermione.

"Fred Andrews and Hermione Lodge." The teacher says, Fred and Hermione give each other smile and he squeezes her hand.

"Of course they'd get each other" FP thinks.

"FP Jones and Gladys Knight." FP internally groans, knowing she has a major crush on him. Fred and Hermione turn to him with an equally sympathetic yet slightly worried look on their faces. They both know Alice isn't going to like this idea at all, FP knows it too.

"This assignment is due one week from today, 10% deducted for every day it's late and I don't want to hear any excuses as to why it's late. Also no complaining about who you've been partnered up with, I don't care if it's an ex boyfriend or girlfriend or an enemy, you get who you get. You have the rest of class to work on it."

"Good luck man." Fred says as FP stands up from his desk.

"I'll need it." And with that he walks over to Gladys' desk, taking a seat in the empty one across from her.

"Hey." He says awkwardly.

"Hey." She says, equally as awkward.

"God I hate this class."

"Tell me about it. Worst one I have by far."

"I'll agree with you there." He groans. "What are we supposed to do anyway?"

"Essay on one of these topics." She says, sliding him a paper. He looks them over.

"I don't remember learning any of this."

"Neither do I, guess we'll make a great team then."

"Guess so." FP briefly wonders why he never did talk to her, it's easy, casual. He doesn't feel anything for her beyond that but he can admit to himself that she's attractive. Dark brown hair, cropped into bangs, dark eyes, she's definitely attractive. But she's nothing compared to Alice. Alice has got the long blonde waves, bright blue eyes, dimples that he notices every time she smiles or laughs, and lord how he loves her smile and laugh.