Visiting Hours

Two weeks later she finally gets the nerve to go visit him. She's wanted to see him, has talked to him on the phone but has been too sad to go see him, didn't want to see him locked away.

She's escorted into a room and waits patiently for FP to show up.

She smiles at him when he comes in. They're separated by a glass pane but it's enough to be able to see him. They pick up the phones and smile. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." She smiles at him.

"How are you?"

"Alright. It's been hard not having you around, plus your kid is making me hungry 24/7."

He chuckles and the sound is like music to her ears. "Is it now?"

"Yeah, it loves Pop's, just like it's daddy." He smiles at that and watches as her hand slowly rubs her stomach.

"Do we know the gender yet? I don't like referring to our baby as "it"."

"I don't either, and no. I find out soon though and I'll make sure to tell you."

"I'm calling it Chickpea."

She laughs. "Chickpea?"

"Yeah like we came up with that night on the bridge."

"That was a good night."

He smiles at the memory. "That it was."

"Oh, hey, you'll get a kick out of this. We may not know the gender yet but Chickpea's growing pretty fast." She stands up lifts her shirt up enough to show off the tiny bump she's sporting.

"I can't tell if I find it cute or sexy. Maybe a healthy mix of both. Has Chickpea kicked yet?"

"Definitely moving around in there but nothing noticeable to anyone but me. Doctor said the movements are called flutters? I should start feeling kicks soon though."

"I wish I was there to feel it when it happens."

"Maybe they'll let you have a little visit with us?  Once Chickpea starts kicking I'll bribe them to let us see you so you can feel for yourself."

"You'd do that?"

"I'd do a lot of things for you. Plus he or she shouldn't be deprived of daddy's love just because he got screwed over by Penny Peabody and the entire judicial system."

"Al? Can we have a serious talk?"

"About what?"

"I'm in here for six years. Now that's a long time to be without you and our baby but I want you to do something for me."

"Anything."

"Don't wait. Don't wait for me to get out of this place, if you meet someone don't feel like you have to reject them because of me. Go to Berkeley, become the best damn writer in all of Riverdale, follow your dreams, Al. But don't spend the next six years of your life waiting for me."

"FP-" shes about to protest so he cuts her off.

"I'm serious, Al. Believe me baby, there's nothing I want more than to be with you right now and to spend the rest of my life with you but I can't do that so I need you to promise that you'll move on and live your life. I still love you and I'm always going to love you and I want to see you as often as I can." He pauses and runs his hand over his face. "But if you fall in love with someone else, and happen to marry that person I'm okay with that... but only if it feels right to you. As long as it makes you happy."

"I don't want anyone else. I'm going to be here when you get out."

"If you're still single in six years, which I find very hard to believe, then call me. But I don't want you to just wait around for me. That isn't fair to you, you deserve to have a life, Al."

"You are my life, FP. Whether you like it or not I'm gonna be here and I'm going to wait for you. Me and little Chickpea."

_____

A/N
Is everyone okay with some little mini time jumps? I don't want to dwell on her pregnancy and I have some cute ideas planned!