Jail Cell

"Put your hands where we can see them!" The sheriff yells. Alice sighs and raises her hands. "Empty your pockets of the drugs."

"So can I put my hands down for that?" Alice asks, narrowing her eyes at the cop.

"Watch the attitude missy."

Alice rolls her eyes and sticks her hands in her pockets, throwing the baggies to the ground. "That's all of them."

"You're under arrest for the possession and attempted distribution of drugs."

"What? No, you can't!" The officer starts listing off her rights as he handcuffs her. "Those weren't mine! Someone threatened me to do it!"

"We got an anonymous tip and in that they told us you'd claim they weren't yours. That's what all drug dealers say."

"I'm not a drug dealer!"

"Your pockets full of drugs say otherwise, now get in the car, there's a cozy jail cell waiting for you."

"Do I at least get a phone call?"

"One, so you better hope they pick up."

____________

"You want to make that phone call now, Smith?" The sheriff asks as he comes up to Alice's cell.

"I'd love to." She says, standing up and walking over to the bars. "Does this mean you take off my handcuffs?"

"For now, yes. Stick out your hands." Alice does as she's told and the sheriff takes off her handcuffs. "Let's go."

He brings her to a room and places a phone on the table. "One phone call. Make it count."

"Yes, sir." Alice snootily says as she starts dialling FP's number. "What, no privacy in prison?" The sheriff shakes his head.

"Hello?" FP's groggy voice says on the other end of the line.

"Hey, babe, it's me."

"Al? What's up, you alright?"

"I'm fine. Are you busy right now?"

"No, I was sleeping but if you need something."

"I need you to come pick me up, as soon as you can."

"Okay, I'm on my way, where are you?" Alice stays silent. "Al? Baby, where are you?"

"In jail."

"What? How the hell did you end up in jail?"

"It's a long story, I'll tell you when you get here."

"How much is your bail?"

"Shit. I didn't even think about that, one second." She takes the phone away from her ear and looks at the sheriff. "Care to tell my boyfriend how much my bail is so I can get the hell out of here?"

The sheriff narrows his eyes at her but takes the phone, telling FP the amount of her bail. "He wants to talk to you again, but wrap it up, this is prison, not a party."

"Really? You had me fooled." She takes the phone from him. "I'm back."

"I'm going to get you out of there, I promise, it just might take me a little longer than is ideal."

"How much longer?"

"I'm not sure. I'll hopefully have enough by morning."

"How do you expect to rack up that much in one night?"

"No idea yet but I'll figure it out. In the meantime, be nice and don't back talk them, you don't need to get yourself anymore time."

"I'll do my best, I love you."

"I love you more."

____________

He laughs as soon as he hangs up from her, he's not even surprised that she landed herself in jail, he just wants to know how she landed herself in jail.

He walks into his bedroom and opens up his nightstand drawer, popping open the false bottom and counting the cash in it. He falls short by $300 and with a sigh he dials the number of Hogeye. "Hello?" He answers gruffly.

"Hogeye, it's FP."

"Jones you better have a good reason for calling me this late."

"I need your help. Alice is in jail and I'm short on cash to pay her bail, I know one of the rules is that the Serpents always have each other's back and I was hoping you could help."

"How much do you need?"

"$300."

"If I can get you half can you get the other half?"

His eyes land on his guitar in the corner of the room. "Yeah, I can get it."

"I'll drop it off at 6 A.M. on my way to the Wyrm."

"Thank you."

"Hey, we take care of our own. You know that, kid."

____________

The next morning Hogeye comes by as promised and gives FP the cash he needs.

He gets on his motorcycle, his guitar on his back, and drives to the nearest pawn shop he can find. "I'll give you this guitar for $150."

"We can appraise it for you and give you a better price."

"That won't be necessary." FP says, anxiously waiting to get Alice out.

He gets the cash and speeds off to the prison to get his girl back.

"I have her bail money in cash, let her out." He tells the sheriff, placing the envelope of money in front of him.

The sheriff picks it up and counts the money in it. "Follow me."

The sheriff brings him down the cell block, stopping in front of one. FP looks in and sees a miserable looking Alice. "Hi, honey! How are you?" He smiles cheekily at her. She glares at him.

"Please tell me you're here to get me they'll out of this place."

"I am. Your bail is paid and I'm taking you home."

"Thank God."

The sheriff opens her cell and she comes out, instantly kissing FP. "Get. Me. Out of here." She mumbles in between kisses. He smiles and takes her hand. "Ooo, you brought the motorcycle. I missed that thing."

"Alice you were in jail one night."

"It felt like a month."

"Well, Al," he starts, handing her a helmet. "is it true what they say about women who have just been released from prison?"

She raises an eyebrow at him. "What do they say?"

"That they are incredibly sexually frustrated."

She smirks at him. "Take me home and find out."