The First Time

The next Friday at school he sees her at her locker and starts walking over to her. They made plans early in the week to hang out tonight. "We still on for tonight?" He asks, putting an arm on the locker next to hers. She turns quickly, a little startled, but when she sees him she smiles softly.

"Definitely." She answers. He smiles to himself and walks behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her cheek and neck.

"I was thinking of making dinner for you and I tonight. How does that sound?"

She laughs and turns around, her hands moving to his shoulders. "You're going to cook for me?" She gives him a look before continuing. "Can you even cook?"

He pretends to be hurt at the comment but laughs and answers truthfully. "Well no, but I'm willing to try."

She raises an eyebrow at him. "Alright, you're on Jones."

She turns back to her locker and grabs her books. She turns back to him and gives him a quick kiss before walking off to class.

⚜️

"Alright, I'm starving, you hungry?" He asks as they walk into his trailer.

"Starved." She says, he smiles and kisses her softly before reaching for her hand and walking to the kitchen. "So what exactly are you making?" She asks, curiously.

"Well I was trying to come up with something that I wouldn't completely mess up, so I was thinking spaghetti?"

She laughs a little. "Sounds great." She wraps her arms around him and kisses him before hoisting herself up onto the countertop.

He fills a pot with water and puts it on the stove.

"So any specific reason you wanted to make me dinner tonight?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at him.
"No, just wanted to do something a little different tonight."

"Well I appreciate it," She says, puckering her lips for him to kiss her. "but you don't need to do anything special for me."

"I want to." His words cause her to smile.

They talk for a few more minutes before he turns to look at the pot of water on the stove. "Why isn't this boiling? It's been like, 10 minutes, and the water is still cold!" He says, genuinely confused. Then he hears Alice laughing. "What's so funny?"

"Might help if you turned the stove on." She says, flipping on one of the burners. He looks down and smiles, a little embarrassed.

"What would I do without you?"

"Probably die."

"Probably."

They make conversation as he cooks and she likes watching him. She'll laugh if he messes something up, and he'll smile back at her, all the while blushing with embarrassment.

"Anything I can do to help?" She asks as she comes down from the counter.

"You want to do the sauce and I'll do the spaghetti?"

"Sure."

She starts working on the sauce, but she can't get the jar open.