Marked

It's been two weeks since everything went on between Hal and FP, two weeks since she slapped Hal, leaving a nasty bruise on his cheek. And she would've gotten away with it if Hal hadn't ran to Coach to tell him what happened.

Still, she could've gotten away with it, it would be her word against Hal's, but no, the surveillance cameras at the school caught the whole thing and she got detention.

Now the detention would have only lasted a few days if Hal's parents hadn't been top donors to the school, but they are and so she got a full week and half of detention and she's serving her final day today.

It was her and two other kids, a boy with dark brown hair, a cigarette behind his ear and bruised knuckles, she could guess what he was here for.

But the other person was Gladys, she wasn't bruised or untethered in any way, she was just sitting there, doodling in a notebook to pass time.

Alice couldn't even guess what the girl was in detention for, she hoped it was something horrible, she hoped she was going to be suspended.

She knows it's wrong to hate Gladys, after all, she hadn't exactly done anything. But she is crushing on FP, hard, and Alice isn't one who is known to share.

Gladys turns to Alice and catches her looking at her. "Can I help you?" She asks as she continues doodling.

"Nope." Alice says, trying to sound bitchy and unbothered, but Gladys sees through it.

"You've been staring at me this whole time so why don't you just ask me whatever you're thinking."

"I don't have anything to say to you."

"Whatever." The brunette rolls her eyes and it pisses Alice off for some unbeknownst reason, she rolls her eyes at everyone so why is she so mad about someone doing it back to her.

Maybe it's just Gladys that's making her mad.

"Fine, you wanna know why I'm staring at you?"

"Well it's weird so yeah, I'd like to know."

"I'm staring at you because I can't even fathom a guess as to why you're here. You're always staying in your lane, not talking to hardly anyone, keeping your nose in your books, even at lunch. What could you have possibly done to land yourself in detention?"

"Called Portia Clemmon's a stuck up bitch."

That shocks Alice, she had honestly thought the girl would've been the type to go to detention just to catch up on homework in a quiet environment, she hadn't expected her to call someone a bitch.

"Really?" Alice almost sounds impressed but she hides it as best she can.

"Mhm. Someone had to, thinks she's better than everyone just because she's rich. Would've slapped her too if the teacher hadn't of stopped me." Alice just nods and turns around, facing forward again. "Why do you even care, Alice? Thought you hated me."

"I do. But I just never pictured you to be the type to get sent to detention."

"You don't know me."

"Clearly, and I don't want to."

"Why did you even start a conversation with me if you're just going to be a bitch the entire time?"

"Told you, I was curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat, maybe it'll kill you too."

"Oh good one, I'm really hurt." She fakes the hurt tone and rolls her eyes as the teacher dismisses them.

"I don't even know why you hate me so much, I didn't do anything to you." Gladys says from behind her as they walk out of the classroom.

"Flirting with my boyfriend is doing something to me. It's not a secret we're together so if you could stay away that'd be great."

"That's what this is all about? Wow, someone's insecure." Gladys mutters the last part under her breath and Alice turns on her heels, pursing her lips and narrowing her eyes at Gladys.

"What did you say? Insecure?" Gladys nods as confirmation. "I am not insecure."

"Then why would you be so concerned about me having a thing for FP? If you were secure in your relationship than you wouldn't be so worried about me snatching him out from under you."

"You're delusional." Alice rolls her eyes as she walks down the hall to her locker.

"Am I? You've had a hatred for me ever since you saw me wave to FP in the hallway, why are you so worried?"

"I'm not worried, but you should be."

"I'm not scared of you, Alice."

"And I'm not scared of you taking FP away from me." Alice grabs her bag from her locker and wings it over her shoulder, wishing she had hit Gladys with it in the process.

"Sure seems like it." Alice slams her locker door shut at that comment.

"You know what? FP and I are great, I love him he loves me, that's all I need to know to know that he's not going to dump me for you, or anyone for that matter. So why don't you just stop talking and back the hell off before I-"

"Alice Smith!" The principal's voice rings through the hall and Alice tilts her head back with a groan. "My office, now."

"Shit." She draws out the syllables, hissing through her teeth.

When she does as she's told she sees Gladys's smug smile and she wants nothing more than to slap it off of her face.

⚜️

She earned herself an extra two days of detention and it would have been more had she actually finished her threat.

She walked out the school doors, detention slip in hand and sees FP standing against his truck.

He notices the pissed off expression on her face and then notices the yellow paper slip in her hand. "What'd you do now?" He laughs and in turn earns a glare from her.

"I was arguing with Gladys and the principal heard, gave me two extra days of detention."

"You were fighting with Gladys?"

"Arguing," she corrects even though it was more of a fight than an argument. "And yes."

"About what?"

"She was in detention with me and I asked her how she landed herself in there, long story short the topic turned to you and she said that I'm insecure in our relationship and scared that you'll leave me for someone else."

"You don't believe her do you?"

"No, not really."

He takes her hand and pulls her to him. "Believe me, Alice, I'm not leaving you for her or anyone else. Don't let her get in your head." He kisses her forehead and wraps his arms around her tightly. "I love you." He tells her just to make sure she knows.

"I know." She pulls back from his embrace just enough to be able to look at him. "I love you too." He smiles and leans down to capture her lips in a steamy kiss.

He trails his kisses from her lips to her jaw, then her neck, sucking on the spot he knows she loves.

"What are you doing?" She asks, a smile in her voice that shows no complaints.

"Proving to everyone that your mine and only mine, and leaving evidence so Gladys knows I'm not leaving you for her or anyone else."

"Good thing I already left my mark on you this morning." He pulls his lips away from her neck, a small bruise forming in the spot, and looks at her quizzingly.

She doesn't say a word, just smiles and bites her bottom lip as she runs her fingers across his neck, indicating the spot where she left her mark.

He just smiles and kisses her again and she secretly hopes Gladys saw the whole thing.