Acknowledging

They haven't made it official yet, just relying on the obvious signs.

He wakes up early one morning and looks over at Alice snuggled up close to his side, sleeping peacefully. He presses a kiss to the top of her head and slips out of bed carefully so he doesn't wake her.

He gets dressed and grabs his wallet before sneaking out as quiet as possible. He stops by a store to buy something for her and their baby.

It's still crazy for him to think about. Alice is having his baby. He's going to be a father.

When he gets back to his trailer he pokes his head into the bedroom and sees she's still fast asleep. He gets in bed beside her, trying not to wake her but she stirs in her sleep and he feels her snuggle closer to him. "Morning." She mutters.

"Good morning, sleepy head." He feels her smile against his skin. "I got you something." He tells her and she looks up at him with a curious expression.

"What is it?" He chuckles and reaches down to the floor. He hands her a yellow teddy bear he bought for her and the baby. "It's actually for you and the baby but still."

"Oh, FP... this is so sweet." She pecks a kiss to his cheek.

"I know you haven't been feeling the best lately and it's my fault we're in this situation so I wanted to do something to make you feel a little better about it all."

"I love you." She tells him. "I think that's the first time either of us have actually acknowledged this for what it is." She looks down at her stomach and watches as his hand slowly travels over to rest on it, she smiles at the sight.

"We're having a baby." She nods and moves her hand to rest on top of his.

"Are you scared?"

"Terrified. You?"

"Petrified."

"Well I'll be here every step of the way, for you and for our little munchkin in there." He moves down to press a kiss to her stomach. "I promise."