A Night To Remember

The school dance is tonight, never something FP would have even considered going to until he met Alice.

He dressed up in his nicest clothes, a white dress shirt and a pair of his nicest dark jeans. It's nothing special but it's the best he can do with what he has.

The theme is a night to remember, and little does FP or Alice know that it surely will be a night they'll remember.

Mary Andrews is in charge of the whole thing which is partly how he and Fred scored their gig playing the dance.

He's on his way to get Alice now, he had picked a daisy on his way out, knowing it's her favourite flower. It's not much but he knows Alice isn't all about the extravagant gifts.

She would've been just fine staying home, curled up with him on the couch watching movies and eating Pop's takeout. But since he's playing the dance with Fred he has to go and Alice was more than happy to be his date.

He pulls up outside of the Smith house and looks in the mirror one more time before walking up the steps to the front door. Her mother opens the door after he knocks and she smiles upon seeing him.

"Well, FP I must say you look very handsome tonight." She says, a hint of shock in her voice that she quickly conceals.

"Thank you Mrs. Smith."

"I told you, call me Julie." He smiles and she turns towards the stairs. "Alice, honey, FP is here."

He hears her bedroom door open and soon enough Alice is at the top of the stairs. Just a glance at her and his breath is already taken away. She's stunning.

He watches her every move and drinks in her appearance when she stands in front of him.
Her dress is a dark navy blue, long sleeeved and cutting just above her knees. Her wavy blonde hair hangs over her shoulders. She looks incredible.

"You look beautiful." He comments, still marvelling at her.

She hadn't done much but FP makes her feel like she's the most gorgeous thing on the planet.

"Thank you." She smiles, her cheeks blushing slightly. "You look great, I didn't even know you owned a dress shirt."

"Neither did I, I found it in the back of my closet." He says causing her to laugh and he smiles at the sound. "Oh also, this is for you." He hands her the daisy and she smiles that gorgeous smile of hers.

"It's beautiful, thank you." She kisses his cheek and smiles brightly at him. "I just have to go grab my coat and then we can go."

He nods and watches as she walks back upstairs. He takes a moment to catch his breath, not realizing he had been holding it in since he saw her.

When she comes back she takes his hand in hers and says a quick goodbye to her parents before walking out the door.

He opens up her door for her and she gets in, smiling at the adorably cheesy gesture.

"You look incredible." He says honestly, and he'll probably tell her so a million times tonight, but it's the truth nonetheless.

"So do you." She places her palm on his cheek as she leans over to kiss him.

⚜️