Chapter 1

"I am so PSYCHED buddy. We win this league and I am one step closer to becoming a Pokemon MASTER", Ash screamed/told his friend and this earned an equally strong "PI PIKACHU!!!" from the yellow rodent on his shoulder.

"That's right! There will be many girls in the league and I hope I can find a good wife for Clemont", Bonnie said which made Clemont go beet red from embarrassment.

"Bonnie! I've had enough of you searching me a wife! I will find myself a girl when I want to find one!", Clemont replied clearly annoyed.

Meanwhile, Serena was simply enjoying the argument between the siblings and of course she would steal a few glances at her childhood crush who was busy rubbing his cheek with Pikachu's.

Serena's POV :

It was a dreamlike journey through Kalos with Ash. Few months back, I would never had accepted the fact that the world of Pokemon was this amazing! That belief was because of a red coloured bird which loved to wake me up by pecking my head. I ran my hand over my hair and each time I realize that it is still as long as it was when I began my journey in search of Ash.

FLASHBACK :

I acted strong in front of my friends after my crushing defeat in my first contest. I was extremely confident that I would at least reach the final round but the fact that my dream was spoiled in such a horrible manner was too overwhelming. I never blamed Fennekin for tripping. She looked beautiful and did her best but I was extremely angry at myself.

"Serena, are you alright? You seem a little down", Clemont asked me in concern, but I replied that I was fine and just needed some air. Soon I reached an isolated region and began to cry as hard as I could. Pancham and Fennekin were out and tried to comfort me as much as they could.

"It's all my fault", I wailed while Pancham and Fennekin denied it trying to console me and suddenly jumped on me which actually made me a bit happier that they still loved me the same.

"I shouldn't be sad. I'm a performer now. This is just my first step into the world of performance. I can do much better next time" After this I took out my vanity kit and pulled out a pair of scissors making a firm decision.

"I know what to do", I told out to no one specifically and went to cut my honey blonde locks, which I loved so much. Suddenly, a voice came out from nowhere.

"Are you sure you wanna do that?", I turned and saw Ash standing in front of me.

Immediately Pancham and Fennekin ran to him to tell him of my decision. He just rubbed their heads and gave them a reassuring smile. "I heard Serena's decision guys", he told them with a cute wink.

"Cutting your hair doesn't change you, Serena. You are still what you believe. You are what I believe", he told me suddenly turning serious. He then threw his hat in the water and it floated away.

"Am I any different now?", he asked me. I then saw how his raven locks fluttered with the wind and went into admiring him suddenly forgetting my grief.

"I know how you feel Serena. I have lost leagues too", he told me staring at the setting sun.

"No you don't! You are an amazing trainer. You nearly have EVERYTHING figured out and you couldn't have suffered SUCH a humiliation in front of a crowd", I countered.

"Do you know that the Kalos league is gonna be my sixth official league?", he asked me with a small smile.

"What?", I asked completely shocked.

"I have lost the Indigo, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova leagues",replied Ash. I was too shocked to even give a befitting reply.

"More than the losses, the manner I'd lost hurt me more. I lost the Indigo league because my Charizard refused to listen to me. I lost the Johto league because my Charizard lost to a Blaziken, that too, when he had trained SO hard, the trainer was HIGHLY experienced, and the Hoenn league when Pikachu lost to a Meowth. I lost the Sinnoh league because my opponent had legendary Pokemon like Darkrai and Latios. Who knew if he also had another legendary? I lost the Unova league because Cameron's Riolu evolved to a Lucario when Pikachu was totally weakened. There was nothing I could do except watch my best friend get butchered by the newly evolved Pokemon. So YEAH, I do have an idea about disappointment", Ash ranted giving me a weak glare.

"Oh my Goodness!!", I whispered with tears in my eyes.

"Do you trust your Pokemon Serena?", he asked me, and I nodded my head.

"Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for Fennekin or Pancham?", he asked me. I did not have an answer. He came and sat near me as we saw his hat flow with the water. He just chuckled seeing his floating hat. Suddenly a yellow mouse jumped in the water and caught the hat. It swam to the shore and shook off the water.

"Pikapi Pika Pikachu!!", it said giving Ash his hat.

Ash just smiled and said,"Thanks a lot buddy!! I'm sorry I left you in the room. You were sleeping peacefully and I didn't wanna disturb you. We are gonna battle Clemont soon bud. I want you and the others in tip top perfection for the battle", he exclaimed suddenly with vigor which was IMMEDIATELY transferred to the little Pokemon.

"PI PIKACHU!!", he exclaimed and ran off to play with Pancham. Fennekin just smiled seeing them chase each other.

"How did you EVER recover from such losses, Ash?", I asked him rubbing my arm.

"Let it go. Just let it go. Feel better,  feel better, right away!!", he replied smirking. At that moment, I realised what he meant. I was too shocked to even react for a second and immediately pulled him into a bear hug, when I was able to think straight

"How?", I asked him.

"The memories just struck me like a train yesterday night. I remember EVERYTHING from your clothes, you the memories we spent those 3 months you were at Pallet Town and our parting gifts. I remember our first encounter the brightest. You wore a......... pink dress with a straw hat that had a pink ribbon which you gave me as our parting gifts", Ash replied grinning.

I couldn't take it anymore. I just looked at those chocolatey amber eyes and gently pressed my lips to his. Guilt filled me immediately as I thought I had destroyed our friendship but to my surprise and delight, he kissed back. Suddenly I heard a squeal and 3 cheers from our Pokemon. I expected the squeal to have come from Fennekin but I was wrong.

"OH WOW CLEMONT! SERENA HAS BECOME ASH'S WIFE. ALL WE NEED TO DO NOW IS TO FIND YOU A WIFE!!!!!", Bonnie yelled and I heard a groan.

"You won't do anything like that! I'll find myself a wife when I am ready to do so.", Clemont countered Bonnie's statement with a HUGE blush covering his face. After that we stopped kissing, our faces redder than Ash's Fletchinder. While Ash sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, I buried my face in his chest to avoid any cheesy comments from Bonnie.

FLASHBACK END

That happened to be the best day of my life and arguably my most prized memory. My train of thoughts were brought to a halt by Ash who went crazy at the sight of the stadium. He is going to face Sawyer today.

To be continued....