Chapter 21

2 Years Later

Ash's POV:

2 years.....2 years of nonstop training, battling and getting hurt, one part of me wanted to just forget about the past and move on with my life...to achieve my childhood dream, but the thirst of revenge was the only thing keeping me going. This part took preference this time.

I figured out that if I wanted to get anywhere near the bosses, I had to train myself nearly as good as my Pokemon. So I began to train with my Pokemon, especially Greninja and Lucario. With Lucario's Aura and Greninja's Bond Phenomenon, I was partially able to gather their thoughts. Mine and Greninja's Bond had become far stronger now, such that I could understand him partially. However, it was only in broken English.

I had also gathered a few new friends, in this forest. The Viridian Forest was the hot zone for Pokemon smugglers as the dense forest with the mist and fog could easily mask their movements.

About a year ago, I caught them stealing a weird Pokemon which was apparently from the Alola region. I didn't know it then, but they were rather powerful.

Now, I also had an Incineroar, a Decidueye, a Dusk Lycanroc, a Nidoking , a Gallade and a Mightyena.

I still remember the day I went to Lieutenant Surge to give him mum's Pokemon and to tell him about all the stuff that happened.

Flashback

I finally reached Vermilion City after 6 days of riding on Charizard's and Garchomp's back, and I immediately went to Surge to tell him about the stuff that happened.

"Arceus, that's hard!! Delia...I...well..she was my best friend, kid, almost like the sister I never had. It still hasn't sunken in", he told me , his eyes growing misty. Suddenly he smote his fist on the desk.

"HOW did they do this? Our flight was totally bulletproof and blast protected.", he asked me gritting his teeth. Then I left to spend some time with mum's Pokemon. I first called out Mimey and told him about what happened, and I might say that I've never seen Mimey cry that hard or radiate his powers so ferociously. Mum's remaining Pokemon came and they too began to go haywire in rage.

"I've asked Surge to take care of you, okay?", I told Mimey who nodded his head clutching his fists.

"Hey, kid! If you ever need some help, call me. Anytime, anywhere I will help you. Just think of me as the father you've never had. I promise you Ash, that I'll do EVERYTHING at my disposal to snap the necks of those bunch of pricks and I'll give them a dose of pain that would make them feel that the Distortion Zone would seem like Lumiose City", he told me through pursed lips suppressing his rage. I simply acknowledged his kind gesture, and Mimey gave me a firm nod signalling me to visit him every now and then. After that, I told Surge about my plans and he was willing to give me the required equipments and food supply. After that, I left his headquarters to train.

A few hours later, I found a spot in the forest that would be perfect for my training as it was uninhabited by Pokemon, and there were no potholes or uneven surface. Little did I know, that the region was the hot zone of Pokemon smuggling, which would eventually result me in me receiving additional strength to my already powerful team.

End of flashback

Living alone in the wilderness taught me many things, especially that the best teacher a person can ever have is himself.

I could run faster, be rather stealthy, I could think quicker in difficult situations and these kinda stuff. However, the entire credit goes to the herd of Ursarings which always followed me and kept hoarding me.