Chapter 8

Ash's POV:

I got up that morning and decided to race to the Lab immediately but as always Mom had prepared Mimey to stop me from going there before I brushed my teeth, ate my breakfast, drank my milk and all other bunch of stuff. It was already 10:30 after I was allowed to leave the house.

"Don't play rough, Ashy and come home for lunch. I won't send Mimey to call you back", Mom told me while I was getting ready to leave. I nodded my head and Raichu, still not having gotten used to his size, jumped on my shoulder causing me to drop down right on my chin.

"RAICHURAI! RAI Ra Chu!", he apologised I guess. Apparently I have to get used to Raichurai from Pikapi.

"Mime, Mr. Mr. Mime!", Mimey told me dusting my clothes. While I pretty much understood most of my Pokemon, Mimey remained an eternal mystery to me.

I soon ran to Professor Oak's Lab to play and train with my Pokemon.

"Tracey! You're back! How are you?", I asked him to which he just smiled.

"I'm doing fine, Ash. Congratulations on your victory. Bummer you couldn't play the finals", he told me sheepishly. Was he hanging around Gary too much? He got his slang too.

"Ash! May I have Charizard's Pokeball? Augustine wanted it to help him in his research. He said that he may be able to decode the reason behind your Charizard's self Evolution", Professor told me. I nodded my head and ran home.

On my way, I saw a car outside my home. Who could have come here? Nobody in Pallet Town owned a car, and this car seemed WAY too expensive to be seen even in Kanto.

"Delia, Delia, Delia, how many times have I told you? I just want to talk to him. Then he can decide whether to join me or stand against me. If he decides the former, it is a good choice but if he chooses the latter.......(villainous laughter)", I heard a voice speak to my Mom.

"Awww! That's so CUTE, blockhead. I'll be sure to tell my Ashy that a little joker came to give him a warning, which was as scary as a baby threatening us", Mom gave a sarcastic comment.

"Laugh while you can, Delia. Laugh while you can, because the whole of Pallet Town won't suffice to bear your tears. Just mark my words. Your son will meet the same fate as that of your father. He died a slow.....painful death. I'll make sure your son meets the same fate", he said.

" Get.....Out! Get out before I smash your face SO hard that you won't have a face to be the Head of the Team Rocket", I heard Mom say in a DANGEROUS voice.

"What will you do if I don't?", the guy taunted and within a jiffy, he was sent flying through our door and smashed into his car.

"Miiiiimmmmmmmme", Mimey said coming out with complete rage in his eyes cracking his knuckles.

"Driver, let's leave this pathetic town"

From the bush I was hiding in, I saw the face of Giovanni. What did the boss of Team Rocket have to do with my Mom and why did he want me dead? Well, I got used to him trying to kidnap Pik- I mean Raichu, but killing ME? That was a new one.

"Ashy?", I heard Mom ask in a troubled voice.

"Did you hear everything darling?"
I simply nodded.

"I'll tell you everything. Its time you know who I am", Mom told and led me into her room. I've NEVER gone into her room and I was surprised beyond words when I saw about 25 Pokeballs.

"Before you were born, I was a Lieutenant in the PokeArmy, sweetheart. I'm pretty sure, you battled Surge? He was my teammate and one of my best friends. We were in the same batch and were the strongest in our battalion. My dad was a Sergeant in the army and wanted to bring Team Rocket to the ground. He was HELL BENT on it and we had a few minor successes against Giovanni. But he struck hard by pressing charges against my father for interfering in his "legitimate business". We won the case but my dad went missing a week later. Surge and I went to search for my dad and I found him barely alive. Giovanni had.......you know? Then he told me to quit the army and settle down. As per his wish, I quit the army. From then on, I grew rather violent. No man except Surge came near me because of fear. Surge gave me the idea of becoming a single mother and a year later you were born and until today, life ran smoothly. These are the Pokemon I had caught in my journey. Ironically, you have all of them", she told me wistfully.