Chapter 9

6 years later :

Delia's POV :

6 years have passed since Ash came to know about my past. Not that I was sad about it, in fact I am rather happy. He has been spending his time with his Pokemon, forever in training. All of his Pokemon have attained their final states of evolution and have become extremely dangerous, possibly surpassing the strength of my own. Since I've rejoined the army, life has been thrilling and less monotonous. Surge's hard methods of training haven't changed at all. I had to pass the gates of hell yet again to get back into fighting shape which is a feat I can proudly show off especially when I had to battle Surge for 4 hours straight. The only way I was able to contact Ash was because of Professor Oak's new invention. He reduced the size of the videophone to such a size such that it could easily fit into a pocket. When I was about to tell Ash of my decision of rejoining the PokeArmy, he was unbelievably supportive. I did expect some resistance from his side.

"Ketchum, if you're done day dreamin' about your lil' boy, can we go back to training?", Surge asked me a bit menacingly.

"I've never seen a person invite his defeat so EAGERLY!", I taunted back and his face broke into a smirk.

"Good to know motherhood didn't take away your sense o' humour, Delia", he told me chuckling.

"Good to know that I've still got it after 17 years, Surge"

"Your son's a good kid. He might make a good addition here ya know? He's got that chiselled body from that 6 years o' trainin' and powerful limbs with exceptional stamina. Plus, he still has NO clue about dating. So there's negligible chance of him quitting due to problems caused by his wife or girlfriend", Surge told me part truthfully and part mockingly.

"I'll have you know that he has a girlfriend. But.....he rarely talks to her and he hasn't seen her in 6 years in person", I told him.

"That's a good one. Back to the point, I have some info that all the Teams have made a temporary pact. Apparently, they have decided to work together for once and create a NEW world. I'll bet my life on it that it'll be TOTALLY favourable to them with our Pokemon confiscated and all that hulla balloo!", he ranted pumping his fist on the table shattering it and his Raichu did the same with his little daughter's Sylveon table. Raichu was a clone of Surge, sometimes they reminded me of Ash and his Raichu.

"Raichu!!What have you done, ya little nitwit? Now Paige will turn the world around before I buy her another table! That was limited edition and its only available deep in the city", Surge scolded Raichu who sheepishly rubbed his neck sweatdropping.

"I'm gonna train my Pokemon, Surge. If there's any proof on your info, let me know", I told him and and left to train.

Serena's POV:

These 6 years have been really good for me. I can't boast of having done extremely good in Coordinating, but I have done enough to get me some recognition. I have become great friends with Dawn and May. Ash was right though, they do give me a run for my money.

"Munchlax, that's enough! You've had enough of Pokemon food. You have to be in good shape. The Wallace Cup is close by", May was busy scolding her Munchlax who was still trying to break into her reserve of Pokemon food.

"Give the poor guy a break, May. You'll have to go through me to even get close to victory", Dawn boasted with a smirk. We were good friends but fierce rivals.

"Punnnnnny!"

"(Groan) Lopunny, get back into your Pokeball. Pikachu isn't here", Dawn told her Lopunny who still hadn't gotten over her crush on Pikachu. She didn't get the concept that Pikachu had evolved into Raichu.