Chapter 26

Ash's POV:

A few minutes later, I received a message in my PokeTab.

"Hey twerp, it's James. We've reached a safe spot and we kinda hope it lives up to its name. We just have one wish, twerp. DO NOT "COMMUNICATE" WITH OUR DEAR FRIENDS IN FRONT OF US. We'll let you know about Archie's plans after some recon. XOXO"

Yes, I had forgotten about their fear about seeing dead people, and that wasn't the only thing I had forgotten.
By my thirst for revenge, I was hurting Serena badly, she was one of the few souls who stood by my side at each and every instant and I can say without a doubt that she would do the same in the future, but I can't say I've been the same to her, and that guilt of not returning her love was a world of pain. That moment, I decided that I would meet her, no matter what happens.

3 Days Later

Serena's POV:

After nearly another month of moping around, I decided to give up the ghost and go back to Contesting.

"Pho, phox, Delphox?", my faithful starter questioned me tilting her head to the side and eyeing me worriedly in return to which, I simply gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine, Delphox. Just....thinking", I told her wistfully. She simply shrugged and began to comb her eyebrows and fur, and do a bunch of other stuff.

"Don't waste your time, Delphox. I don't think he'll be there", I told her and she simply smiled at me shaking her head.

"What do you mean?", I asked her and she motioned that she was just making sure she looked good IF AT ALL, Greninja and Ash came.

"I admire your confidence", I told her giggling and she pouted in return. I decided to wear a simple white suit and tie my hair in a ponytail. It was a small function, so this would do me good.

"Syl Syl Syllllveoooon", Sylveon drawled pivoting on her hind legs and rotating her feelers around herself which seemed like seeing her wrap herself up in a cocoon.

"You wanna come too?", I asked her and she nodded enthusiastically and wrapped her feelers around my wrist in joy. Meanwhile, Pangoro was busy smashing open a Pokemon food crate, and using that as a brick to build his mini-house.

"I'm guessing you'd like to stay home?", I asked him with my hands on my hips while he simply smirked at me and nodded his head.

Time Skip

We reached well in advance, so I had no clue as to how to spend this time without getting bored. I didn't have my usual trio to accompany me as Dawn was the chief guest of some competition in Sinnoh while Drew and May volunteered to give a demonstration to 7 year olds in Professor Birch's Summer Camp. I didn't know that a summer camp was held in each and every region and this questioned the reason behind my mum sending me off to Pallet Town to attend it.

Out of nowhere, a guy came near me and clasped my hands with his.

"Oh, dear beautiful lady! The moon has got NOTHING on your beauty. Even the stars hide from the shine of your eyes. Will you have lunch with me?", he asked me and I began to panic. Delphox came to my rescue and blew a full Flamethrower straight on to his face twirling her stick menacingly.

"Not here TOO, Brock!!", a red headed girl scolded him pulling him away from me me by his ear.

"Wasn't she a wonder?", he asked her again and she began to spew some colourful words directed at him.

Then came a brown haired lady named Soledad who was the chief guest of the programme, and most of the junior coordinators were hovering around her for her autograph. I do recall May talking about her, but not too much though.