Chapter 24

Ash's POV:

I felt like kicking myself for letting down my guard and I turned to see the shocked faces of Alder, Cynthia and Wallace while Lance and Diantha had an I-knew-it kind of an expression.

"So it's you who cracked open Archer's skull, huh?", Lance asked me rather amused and I sighed in defeat.

"So what? You've given up your battling career for a vigilante run?", Diantha asked me extremely cross about my recent hobby.

"I've....um.....put it on a hiatus", I told her. Meanwhile, Lucario was trying to control Gliscor and Gengar who were still laughing like it was the end of the world. Greninja was helping Clair in restoring order and in kicking the press out of the private function.

"Come on, guys. We gotta go!", I told my Pokemon who simply nodded to me and returned to their Pokeballs.

"If you have any more plans on continuing your vigilante run, I'd like to tell you that Archie or...Archer was it? Why do these people have so similar names, and EVEN if they do so, WHY do they have to be famous? It's so confusing", Wallace lamented.

"If you mean the Team Aqua leader, it's Archie. If you mean the deceased Team Rocket leader, it's Archer. You were saying?", I cleared his doubt and motioned him to continue.

"Yeah, well. While I was practising my skills with my darling Milotic in Rustboro City, I happened to see Arch...ie....er talking to Maxie, the Team Magma leader. They seemed to shake hands every now and then with villainous grins. They had a small machine which had an R logo on it, and it seemed to hold pointy things which seemed like rockets. I reported their meeting to Jenny but she couldn't find anything as they had cleared the spot within a jiffy!!", he told me petting his Milotic which came out of its Pokeball when its name was uttered.

"And you didn't have the elementary manners to TELL US? Pfft....Coordinators", Alder roared/snorted.

"Let me remind you that I'm also the Hoenn Champion. I hold a great chance of knocking you out. Empty vessels make more noise, don't they Mr. Old-Pot-Belly?", Wallace countered.

"How did you create weapons out of nothing, Ash?", Diantha asked me suspiciously crossing her arms across her chest.

"I discovered it a year ago during a Bond Phenomenon practice session with Greninja. He had learnt to shape ice by his imagination and when we underwent the Bond Phenomenon, part of his powers passed on to me. It seemed like a great way to expose myself to self defence", I told her.

"Who the hell are you calling potbellied, you insolent BRAT?!!", Alder roared and attacked Wallace, and I decided to use the time to avoid further questions.

"Nice chatting with you people. I have to go, and of course, happy married life", I told the stunned champions and jumped out of the building. I didn't wanna be there amidst the rising tension.

Mid air, I called Charizard where I fixed up my next destination - Hoenn.

Cynthia's POV:

Diantha was looking rather worried and Lance seemed to notice it. He nudged me to go talk to her as I was rather sociable and I was the closest to Diantha. Lance was well....scary, I admit, the first time we met, when we were 6, he simply glared at me when I introduced myself and even the sight of an angered Gyarados hadn't freaked me out THAT much.

"What's wrong?", I asked Diantha and she began to fidget.

"The first time, when I battled Ash and his Greninja when they were in the Bond Phenomenon phase, they nearly defeated my Mega Gardevoir, that too with a single hit. The result might have been in Ash's favour of he hadn't fainted during our battle", she told me, but what was the thing to worry about?