Chapter 27

Serena's POV:

It was nearly impossible to sleep in his shack as it had a MASSIVE hole smack in front of the bed by which, the moon could shine as bright as possible. To make things worse, it was a full moon night.

"Can't sleep?", Ash asked me chuckling lightly and I punched his chest weakly.

"How do you sleep here? Especially with that big window?", I asked him clearly unimpressed with the light coming in.

"I keep it open so that I can find out if they've somehow tracked me down and are planning to prepare an ambush when I come out", he told me running his hands all over my naked form.

"Excuse for lack of architectural skills?", I teased him lovingly and he snorted in return.

"When will you come back, Ash?", I asked him suddenly turning melancholic and he sighed unable to give me an answer.

"I...I don't know, Sere", he told me shaking his head.

"Just come back to me safely in one piece, okay?", I asked him desperately and cupped his cheek. He nodded his head slowly and began to trace kisses from my inner wrist to my shoulder.

While we were busy canoodling, I heard a large battle cry and Ash sat upright in a single second and within the blink of an eye, he was dressed from top to toe in his battle gear.

"Look, Sere! You need to leave, NOW! Things may get out of hand and I don't want you to be a part of this. Get dressed as soon as possible. Charizard will fly you back to your hotel. Just tell him to where to go and he'll leave you there", he whispered cupping my cheek with his hand.

"I don't think I can walk, Ash", I told him wincing.

"What do you mean? You were fine yesterday. Serena, it's not the time for pranks!", he scolded me and I gave him a strong glare.

"Well! If you didn't realise, yesterday was my first time too. Perhaps you didn't realise the torrent of blood that I lost yesterday? Not only does it hurt, you ramming inside me like a bus is the CHERRY ON TOP OF THE CAKE!!", I accused him and he flinched and mumbled an apology.

"I'll get ready", I told him sighing and he kissed me lightly and left to give orders to his Pokemon to set up defenses.

A few minutes later, I managed to get ready and hopped on top of Charizard. Just when we were about to leave, Ash came back laughing with his Nidoking.

"What happened?", I asked him and he shook his head chuckling.

"Kids! New trainers. A small group of them were telling stories around a campfire. That was the battle cry", he told me. I returned a small smile and he noticed my expression.

"Hey, what's wrong?", he asked me.

"Ash, what if...what if I get... pregnant?", I asked him unsure, and he too had a pensive expression.

"Why don't we think about crossing that bridge when it comes?", he told me trying to stall the matter.

"Give me an answer, Ash!", I pressed.

"Whatever you do, I'm with you. I'll always be on your side", he told me and I nodded my head.

"Look, Sere! If you want to keep the child, very well, it's your wish. But I promise, I will be back in the same 9 months as a father, as a.....husband. I promise that I won't let you go through what our moms went through", he told me sincerely and I brought him into one last bear hug and kiss before letting him go.

Ash's POV:

Serena's final comments forced me into a dilemma, a state in which I couldn't afford to be.