Chapter 18

Ash's POV:

"Crawdaunt, start off with Crab Hammer!!"

"Miltank, counter that with Defense Curl!!"

Crab Hammer turned out to be useless against this move. Not only did it do that, Crawdaunt began to run his pincers in pain. Miltank shrugged it off like it was a small pinch.

"Miltank, we'll show them true power!! Use Zen Headbutt!!"

"Let's give her a dose of her own medicine!! Use Harden!!"

Why did he decide to use a Psychic type move when he probably knew that Crawdaunt was a partial dark type? It was nowhere NEAR effective.
After that defensive move, Miltank began to wobble unable to see straight as she made negligible damage on Crawdaunt's thick skin.

"Use the time, Crawdaunt!! Use Night Slash!!"

The attack dealt a decent amount of damage but it could've done better if Miltank was a psychic type Pokemon.

"Miltank, use Hyperbeam!!"

"Use Harden again, and move towards Miltank!!"

Harrison was stunned for second when Hyperbeam was a total waste but he suddenly began to smirk and that troubled me. What had he got under his sleeve?

"Miltank, Roll Out!!"

"Dang it!! Crawdaunt use Dark Pulse!!"

But Miltank attacked at a close range. Damage was dealt to both of them and they were pretty much on their last legs.

"Miltank, GIGA IMPACT!!"

"Show them a REAL HYPERBEAM!!!"

The attacks were ineffective as they required lots of energy and both of our Pokemon were out of juice. Yet, they used their entire strength and when the smoke cleared, Miltank was knocked out cold.

"Miltank is unable to battle!! Crawdaunt is the winner!! Since 3 of Harrison's Pokemon are unable to battle, a 15 minute break is awarded to both the trainers!!", the referee announced.

He then returned Miltank thanking her for her efforts. He then gave me a nod of respect and went to take his quarter hour break.

15 Minutes Later

We came back to our respective ends
and threw out our choice of Pokemon's Pokeball.

"Kecleon, let's GO!!"

"Crawdaunt, I choose YOU!!"

"Kecleon, start off with Fury Swipes!!"

"Crawdaunt, counter that with equal number of Crab Hammers!!"

The attacks made contact and nullified each other and Crawdaunt simply snapped his pincers in his usual cheery personality screaming his name in his guttural voice again and again while Kecleon was getting annoyed.

"Don't let him get into your head, Kecleon!! Use Tail Whip!!"

"Hyper Cutter!!"

Kecleon was really fast, but not fast enough to dodge a Hyperbeam as he was hit on the left foot when he tried to dodge it and catch Crawdaunt off guard.

"Bind!! Don't let it move!!"

It was too fast as Crawdaunt couldn't move out in time. It began to squeeze him as fast as possible until I saw a small opening.