Chapter 32

Ash's POV:

"What do you think I should do?", I asked Lucario and he simply shrugged his shoulders spinning an Aura Sphere on the tip of his finger.
Sceptile motioned me to meet him while Greninja and Infernape agreed with him. It couldn't be THAT bad, could it? Plus, my Pokemon would be there by my side to protect me when required. I was a little uncomfortable about meeting the boss of the strongest villainous team all alone, especially on the top of the tallest building in Kalos.

"Even if something happens, I do have my secret weapon, don't I?", I asked Charizard giving him a sly grin which he returned puffing his chest proudly.

Time Skip

Yet another 8 hour journey later, I stood at the bottom of the Prism Tower. Thanks to my luck, I reached there at midnight while there were no signs of Bonnie. Her squeal could attract anyone in a 300 metre radius which pretty much bums you out when you are in a mission involving a large amount of stealth.

I climbed up the tower using the shortcut we had found out nearly 9 years ago and thankfully, Clemont was forgetful enough to leave it open as it was all those years back.

I expected to find a half-asleep grunt standing all alone on top of the tower waiting for me, but to my surprise Lysandre and 15 heavily armed grunts were present there. I had to give it to him, it was a good plan. There was no way I could trick him, and no place where I could hide or bait another grunt.

"Nice place for a meeting", I told him and released 6 of my Pokemon to protect me - Infernape, Charizard, Torterra, Greninja, Lucario and of course, Raichu. I had sent Sceptile to Vaniville Town to watch over Grace and Serena. If this guy was shrewd enough to trick a guy like Alain, he would definitely do something when I was in a position to threaten his existence. Seeing my Pokemon, the grunts raised their weapons and I raised my hands showing them that I wasn't in a mood to attack.

"They're just here for my protection, in case you decide to.....play unfair", I told Lysandre and he nodded his head looking at us suspiciously.

"I called you here to finish this once and for all. This can end in two ways, one....you join me in one of my ranks and I'll show you the true meaning of heaven or two.... I blow this tower up, killing you, me, and SEVERAL innocents, including that inventor friend of yours and his annoying sister", he told me walking around the roof.

"Or 3, we pretend this conversation never happened, and we leave. You surrender, and I leave you alive", I told him and he folded his fist.

"Choose wisely, Ash. The lives of many people depend on a single nod or shake of your head! I don't care if I die! The living children of the dead bosses, of course by your courtesy, are taking care of my plans. Death doesn't frighten me now, Ash! I repeat, choose wisely", he told me folding his hands behind his back.

I slowly walked towards him and he smirked at me. The grunts lowered their guard slightly but I couldn't take advantage of the situation...not yet. The first few grunts gave me some space to stand, but I walked right past them towards Lysandre.

"Ambitious, are we? Fine! Development goes hand in hand with ambition. We'll find you a good spot in my organization", he told me, and moved to the side. To his surprise, I walked right past him and stood near the opposite edge of the Tower.

"Your offer, your reasons, all sound good from.your point of view. Even a Malamar can quote scripture to suite it's needs, Lysandre! I believe we are done talking", I told him and the grunts began to take their aim.

"You know what to do", he told his grunts and walked to the exit door.

"Have you said your goodbyes?", a grunt asked and the rest of them sniggered.