Chapter 12

2 Months Later

Max's POV:

These 2 months I've spent with Ash and the others have been the most effective time I've spent learning about Pokemon. All of the tactics I had preplanned NEVER worked out when sparring against Ash as he would somehow find a way to knock it off and leave me baffled or feeling like a complete idiot. I used to think that the Gyms in Hoenn were difficult but that thought was smashed by the Kalosian Gyms. While Ash had a cake walk through the Gyms, I was only able to finish most of the battles in my second try. It took me 3 tries to defeat Olympia, 4 to beat Wulfric but I managed to beat Viola in my first try. Even though I felt like I was holding us back, Ash always helped me with my Gym Battle preparations. Clemont and Bonnie stayed back at the Gym to fulfill their duties while Ash's girlfriend accepted to take up an offer with some lady named Palmer or something along with Dawn, May and Drew. So Ash and I travelled alone together and we'd often run into the coordinator/performer gang as they moved around cities and would normally follow the same path we do. If there was something I was jealous of, it was Ash's INCREDIBLE bond with his Pokemon. Most of his opponents were far more experienced and had better techniques of battling, my DAD for example. About 4 years ago, just when I was two months from starting my journey, he came to meet me and May. Me dad challenged him for a friendly match and he was totalled by Ash's Serperior, Emboar and Greninja. Let's just say dad kept practising with his Pokemon for 3 days non stop after that defeat and didn't realise that it was just Ash who had drastically improved and overdid his next Gym Battle sending the girl who challenged him running back to the Pokemon Center crying. Mom gave him a 2 hour lecture about being kind to the young trainers.

"RaaaaaaiCHIIIIIII!!!!", was the voice which suddenly broke me from my reverie of thoughts as Raichu attempted to shock Lucario who just dug his right foot and left palm into the ground, which weakened its impact.

"Excellent countering, Lucario. We'll get Alain this time, right guys?", Ash asked pumping his fist earning a roar from his Pokemon.

The only problem we had while travelling was cooking. Ash had become a rather good cook. He's got nothing on Brock, but his food was good enough. I could cook too but not as good as Ash. So we used to alternate days for cooking.

"Come on, Max!! The League is about to begin now!!", Ash yelled dragging me towards the stadium with Raichu in tow possibly more excited than Ash.

"We have a LOT of time, Ash! The tournament begins only at 12 and there is an HOUR to 12! PLUS, there is a chance that we may be given the last battle which means that our battle will be only at 2 PM approximately", I told him partially whining. Raichu simply rolled his eyes and shocked me lightly.

"Gaaah!!", I shrieked as I felt the surge of raw electricity pass through me.

"Quit it, Raichu! We'll get over to the stadium", Ash told Raichu pumping his fist up while Raichu did the same from his shoulders. Soon we caught up with the competitors and sat in the seating area while the chief guests and the MC came.

"Ladieeees and Gentlmennnn!! Welcome to yet another edition of the Lumiose Conference of our very own Kalos. The stadium seems packed and our competitors seemed thrilled enough to fight it all out!! We have some new faces and many old ones. In the end, we just have to see the better battler!! For now, let's give it up for DIANTHA, who will give us the introductory speech!!", the MC announced.

"A wonderful day to all the competitors, spectators and my dear Kalosians. It is my honour to inaugurate yet another edition of the Kalos League and I hope everyone does their best. Competitors, just remember this! Should you fail to make your mark in this , this is not the last one you'll be battling in. There's always next year. Give it your BEST shot!! Let the Lumiose Conference.......BEGIN!!!" , Diantha finished and a flock of Fletchings flew from a pinata signifying the beginning of the League.