Chapter 30

Serena's POV:

"Serena! Haven't I told you NOT to come out of your room? I don't care if you're just 2 months pregnant! You could harm both yourself AND the kid! Understand?!", Mom yelled at me yet again and that moment, I lost it. I've been patient for WAY too long, and mom hadn't yelled at me so much for all these years COMBINED.

"Or WHAT?", I yelled unable to take her yelling and she came in front of my door in a jiffy glaring again.

"Don't you DARE raise your voice at me, young lady", she threatened pointing her finger at me.

"What is WRONG with you? Why do you keep yelling at me again and again? What have I done that has made you SO MAJORLY upset? You weren't like this when I told you that I was pregnant and you seemed unperturbed when I told you that I slept with Ash. If you don't want me around, just LET ME KNOW!! I'll be out of your hair at the break of dawn tomorrow", I told her tears flowing freely down my face, as I couldn't comprehend feeling such hate towards the person I love most in the world, in a non-romantic way. This seemed to upset her and she took a seat near me staring at the floor.

"I...I..don't...what?", she faltered and I grew worried that instant. Was my mother alright?

"What do you mean? Talk to me!!", I pressed shaking her by the shoulders and she looked at my eyes.

"Well, I...When I was in the same situation as you are....nobody was there for me and not a single soul BOTHERED to even see if I existed. Seeing you like this reminds me of myself and it brings back all that built up anger in me, Serena. I don't know why, but I.....I just can't control it and I've become like an old drunkard yelling at her kids. I try, Serena! I try NOT to yell at you, but each time I look at you, it's like seeing a blonde version of myself, my life replaying itself right in front of my eyes, and I don't want it to be that horrible again. I'm so sorry, honey", she apologized to me and buried her face in her hands and began to sob. I knew my mom didn't have a smooth journey, but I didn't expect her to have stood on her own legs the WHOLE time. I had seen my mom sad before, I've seen her cry hysterically, but never this vulnerable.

"I'm just worried that I'll go crazy and do the same thing my mom did to me all those years ago. I....I don't want you to leave me, and neither do I want to do anything so stupid", she sobbed and I brought her into a tight hug.

"You're not getting rid of me THAT easily, mum. I love you WAY too much to allow that to happen", I whispered in her ear and she giggled lightly, and I felt the usual warmth in her hug which was missing for the past week. Out of the blue, Fletchinder joined us in the group hug chirping happily.

"Come over here, you silly bird!!", mom called him and tightened her grip around him causing him to nibble on her ear affectionately, and it was the first time in many days did I hear my mom's river-clear laughter.

Ash's POV:

I asked Garchomp to fly around to face the robotic Beedrills, and I noticed that their eyes began to glimmer in some pattern which I couldn't decode.

Then they charged at me and I asked Garchomp to fire a charged Hyper Beam at the swarm. Most of them exploded but they released some toxic gas. I immediately maneuvered away from the course of the gas to get Garchomp to safety.

But a few Beedrills escaped and caught me off my guard and one of them accidentally brought my gas mask down, and one Beedrill shot the gas straight into my face and the world suddenly began to turn around on its own.

"Garchomp, finish the remaining....off, and get to the nearest.....ground", I wheezed as I felt the gas take its effect already. He made short work of the remaining robots and we were lucky enough to find a small island close by and landed on it.