~Chapter FOUR~

Harry quickly opened his locker scrambling to get his stuff as quickly as possible only for his clumsiness to get in the way of his escape. He dropped the books he meant to put in the locker and the sound was much louder than he expected, causing unwanted attention.

Please don't notice me, please don't notice me, Harry thought to himself.

Though, the moment he knew he was in trouble was when he saw one of them point and whisper something to the main bully, a senior named Stan. Suddenly his locker was slammed shut, Stan leaning against it.

"Hey, weren't you that fag freshman from last year?" Stan sneered.

"U-um, y-yes?" Harry replied and received an obnoxious eyeroll back.

"That was a hypothetical question loser!"

"U-uh I think you mean rhetori-," Harry tried to correct. He knew it wasn't the best time to be pointing out Stan's grammatical error, but it was a reflex. Not the one he needed though, because he quickly got smacked upside the head.

"No, I meant hypothetical dumbarse!" He looked back at his friends who snickered in approval.

"Stan come on, we gotta go to class," Louis piped up, the only one who wasn't laughing, "you know Jenson's gonna have our heads if we're late. Especially on the first day."

Harry sighed in relief, but it didn't last for long, realizing he just said Jenson, as in Mr. Jenson, as in the teacher Harry was on his way to. Shit. Harry quickly exchanged his last period books for his next period books as Louis, Stan, and one other kid made their way down the hallway, while the other two bullies went down the other stairwell. Harry trailed behind the boys, making sure to keep a safe distance, and keeping as quiet as possible until they reached the room.

Harry being extremely advanced and smart, on top of being in MST meant he took classes with juniors and seniors who were in the other magnets, like Louis and Stan. Harry was aware of that, but he didn't realize he'd be the only sophomore in the entire class. So, when he opened the classroom door to see a room full of older kids, he was pretty sure he died a little inside. Great, this means he was probably going to be picked on the most and he doubted any of the upperclassmen would be willing to befriend him.

"Hello Mr....," the teacher looked down at his clipboard and then around the class, "Styles, I presume. Care to tell us why you're late?"

Harry looked around until he spotted Stan who gave him a warning death stare and said, "Sorry sir, got lost." Harry knew exactly where this room was, as soon as he got his schedule he mapped out his route from class to class, but getting there early seemed like the least of problems. As of now it was better to tell a little white lie then to get beaten up right?

"It's okay Mr. Styles, I believe you are the only sophomore in this Pre-Cal class? That's quite impressive, I expect a lot from you."

Harry smiled politely and took the nearest seat which was diagonally in front of Louis and sadly, right behind Stan. The class began, and Harry really enjoyed it, he raised his hand every time he knew the answer, which was most of the time.

He wasn't trying to show off, just math was his favorite subject, and when he felt like he wasn't very good at anything, he thought to himself, Hey at least I'm good at math. It was really quite sad, but Harry didn't have those thoughts very much anyways. The boy didn't even realize he was answering so much until he exited the class and was shoved into the wall.

"I guess you're a fag and a nerd," Stan looked towards his two friends and on que they started laughing, including Louis. How creative. He wanted to say that so bad, but he was choking on his words, frozen in his place. The group stalked off down the hall and he sighed. Harry wasn't going to cry of course, he was teased occasionally in Freshman year, he knew how to handle a small amount of name-calling, but he was sad. His first day was pretty much ruined, and he figured his second day wasn't going to be any different.