~Chapter 8~

Louis woke up to an empty house as usual, his mom left early to drop Lottie and Fizzy off at school, so Louis got dressed in his white shirt with thin black stripes, black skinny jeans, and a gray beanie to top it all off. He got ready and went downstairs, made himself some toast, then was out the door.

He walked down the hill to the bus stop and sat on the bench, a raven-haired boy, the loud blonde girl, and Niall were already waiting. Louis couldn't help but wonder where Harry was, not that he cared or anything.

             But where was he? It was almost time for the bus to come when Louis heard the sound of footsteps hitting the pavement going down the hill, moving fast so they must be running. He turned his head to see Harry running down the hill.

            He let out a tiny gasp at the sight. Harry's curls bounced up and down every time he took a step, his cheeks shaded pink and his eyes somehow seemed even more green. He looks gorgeous, Louis thought sighing and tilting his head slightly. Wait...what? I did not just think that! No, no, no, no, no! Louis carded his fingers through his hair shaking it off, punishing himself as he stepped onto the bus for having such thoughts. He sat one seat closer to the front than he usually does, for no reason, nope, it wasn't to make it easier to hear Harry and Sarah talking, no, he just simply felt like it.

They arrived at Edwin and he walked towards his locker, Harry headed in the same direction, their lockers were even close together. It was as if the universe just did not understand that Louis could not and would not become friends with Harry Styles. It would not only ruin the reputation he had been building for himself, but being friends with Harry again, would just bring back the thoughts and memories he had been pushing down since he went into secondary school. Those thoughts were the last thing he needed right now.

Stan walked up and greeted him, instinctively Louis turned his head to see if Harry was still at his locker thank god he wasn't...not that Louis cared if Harry got picked on or anything. And of course with Stan, came Eleanor. Eleanor and Stan were cousins, so Louis couldn't say anything about the girl, it was just annoying cause Stan was always pushing Louis to be with her. He wasn't interested to say the least.

They walked to first period, World History, which was boring as usual. Why should Louis care about a bunch of dead people? Plus, Stan never let him work anyways, just spent the whole time talking to him, even when he dropped hints that he wanted to pay attention. He usually gave up after fifteen minutes of attempting to take notes and just talked to his friends for the rest of the time. At least it helped his reputation, and he needed as much street cred as possible, it might seem stupid, but in his mind it made perfect sense.

Then he went to Health, Harry was in that class and he was somehow smart in that class too, unbelievable. Then Spanish, which he loved because he felt like he actually knew what was going on. He was in Spanish 4 which was impressive for someone who's only taken it three years and he even liked the teacher, which he couldn't say very often. He used to like Mr. Jenson, until he almost failed algebra 2 last year and the bastard tried to tell him he needed to get a tutor, obviously he didn't get one. He knew he was stupid, but he didn't need everyone else knowing that too, which is exactly what would've happened, and he would've been ruined. Shudders went down his spine and he shook it off turning his attention back to the curly haired lad until he realized he was staring and smacked himself in the face, turning a few heads of the people next to him.

The rest of the day went by quickly until it was time to go to Pre-Cal. He hadn't even started on the projects that were due today. He tried, he really did, it wasn't like he wasn't paying attention, it was just nothing made sense to him. Eventually he just got too tired and frustrated and gave up.