~Chapter 13~

It was Wednesday night and Louis just could not fall asleep. He got ready for bed, he lied down, closed his eyes and everything, yet falling asleep seemed impossible. Well, at least if you had as much going on in your mind as Louis Tomlinson did at 11:54 PM, Wednesday night. His thoughts basically consisted of his tutor: Harry Styles, football, his neighbor: Harold, school, the kid in his health and math class: Harry, popularity, and lastly the boy he ditched in the sixth grade, and his current friend: Hazza.

Louis came to the conclusion that Harry Edward Styles sucked. He was the worst. He was tearing down the years of work Louis had done. He took a sledge hammer to the walls Louis built in his own brain, the same walls that were holding back the flood of thoughts.

He was in the fifth grade, when he first wanted to kiss a boy. Not just any boy though, no, this boy was his best friend, and his name was Hazza. He was also in the fifth grade when he found out that he wasn't supposed to kiss boys. He was hanging out on the swings waiting for his best friend to meet him, while on the other side of the playground his best friend was being teased.

They were fifth graders like Louis, picking on the poor fourth grader, surrounding him in a circle that was attracting more and more kids, hungry for violence. They pulled at his curls and his baggy sweater, which was actually Louis's because Harry was cold in the morning, which just wasn't acceptable according to the older boy.

Louis dragged his small feet across the mat on the ground, until he heard a couple girls swinging next to him get up talking about some fight. He was curious so he followed them over to the other side of the playground, next to the running track. He gasped at the sight, and rushed over, shoving through the crowd, yelling move, on his way. He pushed the boy who was yanking at Harry's hair to the ground, shouting that the show was over and for everyone to go on and mind their own business.

Louis took Harry to the top of the playground tower that no body went to because some kid barfed up there one time. The janitor cleaned it though, so it was fine and Louis deemed it as his and Harry's spot.

"Are you okay Hazza?"

"Yeah, m'fine," Harry said smiling now that he was with Louis.

When Louis left for the sixth grade, Harry was absolutely devastated. He was seriously considering dropping out, but his mom told him that no law firm is going to accept someone who can't say they graduated primary school.

Louis, who was taking his first steps into middle school, wasn't doing much better. He didn't know where to go or who to sit with, that was until he met Stan. He remembered he was trying his locker combination for the fourth time when the boy walked up to him, smirking.

                  "Hi there, I'm Stan, and you're gonna hang with me now," the older boy said while he leaned on the lockers. Louis mentally rolled his eyes, thinking how Stan probably copied every word and move from some stupid high school movie. Of course, Louis wasn't going to decline though, he was going to take any opportunity at friendship he could get.

Let's just say, Stan was a terrible influence. He convinced him not to try at school, which was the opposite of what Harry would do, he made him hate himself even more for ever thinking he was gay, and most importantly, he made Louis stop talking to Harry. Now, Louis knows that he couldn't have made him do anything, but- he did.

Stan would make fun of him, every time he mentioned the younger boy. He would tell Louis that it was lame to be friends with a fifth grader, and that he was his only friend now. He would tell him that he would never be popular if he remained friends with Harry, and nobody would like him. Stan got in Louis's head, and Louis would never let that go.