Chapter 24

Shawn's POV:

The first twenty minutes period is over and to be honest, we are totally loosing. The other team has already scored two times and we scored zero times. I had the puck 2 times but a player of the other team tackled me before I could shoot.

"We have to play better!" Luc sighs skating over to me. "I know." I mumble as I see Jackson skating past us. "Hey Adams not so good today huh?" I shout after him. He always thinks he's the best on the team.

I have to admit he's not bad but definitely not the best. "I'm just warming up and letting losers like you the chance to score." he smirks. "Guess that was a bad idea!" he laughs. Before I could answer the next twenty minutes period starts. I look over to the bleachers.

I see Maggie smiling at me and giving me a thumbs up. I smile, feeling my cheeks getting red. I can't look like a complete loser in front of her. Taking a deep breath I skate over to my position. A player from the other team has the puck and skates into my direction.

I move forwards and tackle him taking the puck. I start to skate, dodging other players. I'm not far from the goal but there are to many other players. I look left and right and see Luc waving at me to pass the puck.

I hesitate but shoot it over to him. He scores and the people started cheering. "Everglades Highschool 1 / West Coast Highschool 2 " is standing on a big sign now. I smile to myself. The remaining ten minutes we scored again. Now it's standing two to two.

Everyone gets back into their position. The last twenty minutes period begins. This time Jackson gets the puck and he quickly skates to the goal of our enemies. I skate along but on the other side of him. Too many players are in front of him, he has to pass.

He notices and looks around but I'm the only one he could pass to. I couldn't help but smirk. His facial expression is priceless. He hesitantly shoot the puck over to me before the other players could hit him.

He falls onto the ice groaning. It all feels like slow motion but I could see a player from the other team coming towards me. I have to shoot now! But what if I miss? I look at time.

Only 30 seconds left. It's all up to me if we win. I could hear everyone screaming my name. But only one of all the voices was clear. I look to the bleachers again. Maggie. She was jumping while shouting "Come on Shawn! You got this!" I smile and skate a little but further.

Before a player could tackle me I shoot the puck. I also fall to the ground with him on top of me. Groaning I stand up again and look over to the goal. Oh my god! I did it! I scored!

Everyone cheeres. Well everyone from our school. My teammates skate over to me and while shouting my name. "I really thought you wouldn't do it in time but that was amazing!" Luc says proudly while patting my shoulder with his big gloves.

"And I guess someone is really proud of you." he adds smirking. I look over to Maggie. When she saw me, she started waving with a big smile on her face. I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I start to skate over taking off my helmet.

"That was amazing" she squeals jumping onto me. I stumbled back trying to hold her up. "I almost thought you wouldn't make it!" she adds grinning. I open my mouth acting hurt. "I can't believe you would even think that for a second." "Don't get too full of yourself now Mendes." she chuckles standing on the ground again.

I start to grin. "Hey Shawn you played great." Leah says, walking towards us. I hug her. Yeah I still know what Luc told me but I've always hugged her. It would be awkward if I stop now.

"Thank you." I answer smiling. "So ummm... Maggie could we talk for a moment." Leah asks. "Sure." Maggie replies walking away with Leah.