Chapter 94

Maggie's POV:
I hate lying to him but I have a reason. I'm just glad that he believed me. I almost got a heart attack yesterday night as he came by but cuddling with him was what I needed.

Anyways I have another problem now. Today morning he told me his manager is coming with the producer from that time Shawn was in New York. And guess what! They want to meet me.

I have no clue why and honestly it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. Why would they want to get to know me? What if I say or do something wrong that will affect Shawn?

I shake my head trying not to dramatize everything. It's going to be fine, it's just a dinner.

"Hun, are you ready?" I hear Shawn call, as I finish my make up. "Just five more minutes!" I shout. "You said that five minutes ago to!" He groans, impatiently.

"If stopped bugging me I would be finished by now." I say, refreshing my glossy lipstick. I reach for the zipper of my wine read dress but can't reach it. "Shawn! Can you come quickly?" I shout.

The bathroom door opens and Shawn steps in his black suit and white shirt. It's simple but it looks so damn good on him. "Wow." He breaths out, eyeing me up and down in the mirror.

"Just zip up my dress,please." I chuckle, trying to hide that I'm blushing. Grinning he walks up behind me, slowly zipping up my dress while he looks at my reflection. "You are gorgeous." He whispers and places a kiss on my cheek.

"You don't look bad yourself, Mendes. Now come on, we'll be late." I say, pulling him with me.

We sit in the car, Shawn's eyes fixed on the road as I try to calm my nerves. "Nervous?" he asks, placing his warm hand on my thigh. "Kind of." I sigh. "Don't worry princess, they are going to love you. I mean you are my inspiration. How could they not?" Shawn questions, making me heart flutter.

He always knows how to calm me down. We arrive at the restaurant which is further away from our city so we don't have to worry that someone sees us.

Shawn rushes over to my side, opening the door for me like always.
"I honestly never thought you could be romantic before we got together." I tease him.

"Me neither." He laughs, extending his arm for me. I wrap my hand around his bicep, giggling lightly.

We make our way to the reserved table, where Andrew Mr. Johnson and... a girl are already sitting? Who is she? "Oh god." I hear Shawn grumble quietly as we approach them. "Shawn! Glad to see you again." Andrew says, pulling Shawn into a quick hug.

Shawn greats the others as Andrew walks towards me. "Nice to meet you Maggie. I'm Andrew. I've already heard a lot about you. Good things of course." He says smiling and shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Andrew." I reply, returning the smile. Now a big grey haired man steps in front of me. "Maggie right? I'm Mrs Johnson. It's a pleasure to meet you." he says, shaking my hand. His deep voice intimidating but he seems friendly.

After greeting Mr. Johnson I look over to Shawn who is still standing beside that girl. "Lynn this is my beautiful girlfriend Maggie which I've already told you about. Maggie this is Lynn." Shawn says, pulling me towards him.

Her facial expression changes immediately from happy to... kinda bitchy, to be hones but I smile anyways. Maybe it just seemed like it. "Nice to meet you." I say.

"Yeah, you too. I guess." She replies and sits down across from Shawn. Okey what was that? Since Shawn is already sitting he didn't hear what she said, so I try not to let it bother me. But the way she always looks at him makes me slightly angry.

"So, how did you two lovebirds meet?" Mr. Johnson asks. „We were actually best friends since forever and well, I finally had the guts to ask her out." Shawn says, showing his beautiful toothy smile. I return the smile, squeezing his with mine intertwined hand under the table gently.

"How cute." Lynn comments, showing her best fake smile. „No wonder the songs are a hit." Mr. Johnson states laughing. The waiter brings our food and I mostly just listen what Shawn's conversation, not knowing what I should talk with Lynn and I don't even want to.

"Excuse me. I'll be back in a minute." I say, standing up to go to the bathroom.

Sighing I set my handbag onto the sink, placing new lipgloss on my lips. God this girl makes me so angry. She's constantly flirting with him and he doesn't do anything about it. Maybe that's good? I don't know...

"Trust me make up won't help an ugly face either." I hear Lynn say as I watch her walk in behind me, trough the mirror. „Why are you still trying then?" I snap back. God she's like a second Stefanie.

"Oh, finally able to speak up?" she mocks, straightening her tight dress. „Honestly what do you want?" I ask, walking towards the door. „Nothing sweetie, I'm just trying to find a reason why he got back to you after the fun we have had." Lynn dreamily says, leaning against the sink with this stupid smirk on her red lips.

I ball my fists, turning around angrily. „You really think I would believe you?" „Your choice but if you don't believe me just check his phone." She winks at me before walking back to our table.