Chapter One: A Royal Engagement

Isla Richard

I laughed softly as my phone began to ring to Catherine's ringtone. As I pressed the green button on my iPhone and placed the phone to my ear I heard her yell my name. 

"Do you want me to come to the palace?" I asked and I heard her sigh in relief. 

"Please hurry up and get here. I have no clue what I need to wear and William is talking to his grandmother." Kate said and I laughed as I walked to my closet. 

"Am I allowed access in?" 

"Yes! I had William put your name down for every day until I don't need you." She responded with a laugh. 

"I can be there in twenty. I need to get dressed." 

I ended the call and pulled out my outfit, bag, and heels before walking into the bathroom and changing. I smiled at my outfit in the mirror. 

After fluffy out my hair and adding a nude lip gloss I grabbed my car keys before heading out of my townhouse and in my jeep

I had known the royal family since my first year in university. When I couldn't go home for any of the holidays William had written to his grandmother, the Queen, and begged for me to be allowed to come home with him. 

His entire family thought I was going to marry him but that wasn't true. He was always meant for Kate. And now the world knows they are getting married. 

When I pulled to the gate of the Buckingham Palace the guard leaned out and smiled.

"Back again Ms. Richards?" He asked as he flipped his paper to see if I was on the list. 

"Catherine needs help before the interview," I stated and he nodded before letting me pass. After parking my car I was led inside by another guard into the room where Kate was at. 

"Oh thank heavens!" She said as she threw her arms around me making me chuckle. 

"First thing first call someone up here to do very loose curls to your hair." I began as I placed my purse down. 

"What about a dress? And heels?" She questioned as I turned towards the rack I believe the queen sent down. 

"This blue dress. It goes well with the ring. Which is very beautiful if I haven't told you." I responded with a smirk. 

"Only three hundred times. What about heels?" 

"Black. Very simple. Nothing showy because that is not who you are." I said as I placed my hands on her shoulder and smiled. 

"You will be brilliant. Nothing will go wrong. Stop doubting yourself." I stated with a small smile on my face before a knock came to the door and in popped Christopher, The Queen's assistant.