Chapter Thirty-Two: My Wedding

Isla Richards

Isla Richards

I smiled as the doors opened and Here Comes the Bride began playing. I held onto to Phillips' arm and began making our way down the aisle. I couldn't help but let out a laugh as William whispered to Harry's ear what I must look like. 

As we began making our way to the front I saw the Queen looking at me with a huge smile on her face. I nodded to her and when I looked up we were at the front. Harry was allowed to turn around and he smiled when he saw me before I saw the tear roll down his face. The Archbishop smiled before nodding. 

"Henry Charles Albert David, wilt thou have this woman to thy wedded wife, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?" He asked and Harry smiled before nodding. 

"I will." 

The Archbishop turned to me.

"Isla Marie, wilt thou have this man to thy wedded husband, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?"

"I will," I said with a smile on my face. 

 "Who giveth this woman to be married to this man?" The Archbishop questioned and we turned to Phillip who smiled. The Archbishop took my hand from Phillips and Harry grabbed my right hand. 

"I, Henry Charles Albert David, take thee, Isla Marie to my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth." He said and I smiled before I turned and grabbed his right hand. 

"I, Isla Richards, take thee, Henry Charles Albert David, to my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth," I said before we let go of each other's hand and watched as our rings were blessed. 

"Bless, O Lord, this ring, and grant that he who gives it and she who shall wear it may remain faithful to each other, and abide in thy peace and favour, and live together in love until their lives' end. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

Harry grabbed the ring and slid it onto my ring finger. 

"With this ring, I thee wed; with my body I thee honour; and all my worldly goods with thee I share: in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen."

Harry helped me kneel down before he knelt with me before the praying began. 

"O Eternal God, Creator and Preserver of all mankind, giver of all spiritual grace, the author of everlasting life: send thy blessing upon these thy servants, this man and this woman, whom we bless in thy name; that, living faithfully together, they may surely perform and keep the vow and covenant betwixt them made, whereof this ring given and received is a token and pledge; and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together, and live according to thy laws; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

I smiled as I grabbed Harry's right hand and he sent a wink my way. 

"Those whom God hath joined together let no man put asunder." The Archbishop said before he turned to everyone. 

"Forasmuch as Henry and Isla have consented together in holy wedlock, and have witnessed the same before God and this company, and thereto have given and pledged their troth either to other, and have declared the same by giving and receiving of a ring, and by joining of hands; I pronounce that they be man and wife together, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen." He said before he turned and helped us up before smiling. 

"God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost, bless, preserve, and keep you; the Lord mercifully with his favour look upon you; and so fill you with all spiritual benediction and grace, that ye may so live together in this life, that in the world to come ye may have life everlasting. Amen." He said and I grinned. 

I was finally married to Harry, the man I loved. I saw Prince Charles, Princess Anne, and Prince Edward walked to the back room. Kate and Maddy grabbed the end of my dress and we began following them. 

As we walked into the room Princess Anne brought me into a hug before pressing a kiss to my cheek. 

"Blessed be." She said with a smile. William led my mother in and right then my stomach growled. 

"You didn't eat?" Harry asked as he grabbed my hand as we waited for the Archbishop. 

"I was nervous," I said and Anne laughed before holding out a granola bar. I smiled as I grabbed it and opened it. 

"Wait!  We don't need to dirty this dress." Maddy said as she held out a napkin under my chin. I ate the bar before the Archbishop walked in. 

"I was just speaking with Her Majesty. It is with great pleasure to announce that you two will be the Duke and Duchess of Sussex." He said as he placed the paper on the table. 

I was a Duchess. Just like Kate. I was a Duchess. I watched as Harry signed the paper before holding it out for me. I smiled before bending down and signing it. 

Isla of Sussex

Once I finished signing it Prince Charles, Princess Anne, and Prince Edward signed it as witnesses. 

"Now the hard part is over," Charles said with a smile. 

"Now we can party." Princess Anne said making us all laugh. 

I was finally married.