Chapter Eighty-Seven: Trooping of the Colour 2013

Isla of Sussex

June 15th, 2013

Harry walked into the room and handed me the earrings and I smiled as I slipped them into my ears. 

"I found one of my mother's old hats." He said as he put his hat on. He turned and put a hat box on the bed and I smiled when the pink and white hat was pulled out. 

"It's lovely. Sure William won't get mad?" I asked as I took the hat out of his arms and turned back to the mirror. Once making sure it was secured on my head Harry wrapped me in his arms. 

"You look beautiful. I should find more of my mums hats and we can spill them with Catherine." He said before a knock came to the door and Alice was holding Diana. 

"I am going to be leaving to the Palace now. I will be in one of the halls with the rest of the children." She said as she walked towards us. I smiled as I leaned down and kissed Diana's head. 

"Mummy will see you soon. Behave for Alice." I whispered to her sleeping figure. Harry kissed her head before the two of them walked out of the house. I turned to Harry and fixed his medals and hat before staring at him. 

"You should grow a beard," I said and Harry chuckled. 

"I was thinking the same thing." He said and I smiled before I reached over and slipped my keys, phone, lipstick, and Harry's phone into my clutch before grabbing Harry's hand and we went to meet Kate and Will at their house. 

"You truly don't look like you had a child," Kate said as she opened the door and I leaned over and kissed her cheeks. 

"Those are the words I love to hear every day. You look ready to pop. Only one more month right?" I asked as I turned to Will and hugged him. 

"Yes and then the little one will be here." She said as she rubbed her belly.

"And Diana is beyond ready to have another cousin," I said as I reached over and grabbed her hat before helping her. I grabbed her blush and rubbed it against her cheeks. 

"There we are all ready to go," I said and Kate nodded. 

"You look wonderful in that hat." She said and I held her hand before we got in the car. Will got in first and then Harry. Kate patted the window and we took off towards Peds Mall. 

"Is Diana already there?" Will asked and I nodded. 

"Somehow Alice got her to sleep and they left right after," I said thinking of my little girl who was at the palace waiting for me. William got out of the car before us and walked to meet his father would the horse. 

Camila was waiting for the three of us in the carriage and we all helped Kate in first before I climbed in. I waved to the people calling my name and we began our ride through the mall. I laughed softly as I saw posters of me holding Diana in my arms when we presented her. 

"Look," I whispered to Harry who turned around and smiled when he saw that photo. It seems like yesterday that I gave birth to her and she was growing every day. 

When the carriage stopped Camila climbed out first and I smiled when Harry offered me his arm and we formally did our line up and I winked at Beatrice who was standing behind me. 

I waved to the crowd before we all made our way inside. 

"Can you believe one year ago Isla found out she was pregnant with Diana?" Eugenie said and I smiled when I saw Alice holding her. 

"I didn't even know. Anne was the one who confirmed my thought. Then Harry and I went to an event and I passed out." I said earning a chuckle from William. 

"Isla passed out and Catherine threw up too much." He said as we made our way toward the balconies. I hugged Louise and James when I saw Edward and Sophie. 

"James has been dying to see the baby," Edward said as we filed out. 

"Well, maybe next week. I am going to take the baby to meet my brother." I said and everyone raised an eyebrow to me. 

"My brother and I have had our issues but at the end of the day he is my brother and I will love him so," I said before we watched the horse show.

"Next year will you bring Diana out?" James asked as Harry looped his fingers with mine. 

"We might. Depends on how she is. She will be a year old and most one-year-olds like to run around and not stay still." I said and James smiled as he turned back to watch.

Her Majesty's carriage got to the middle and I smiled at her and Prince Phillip before I bowed to them. Charles was the first one to turn inside and we all followed to wait for Her Majesty. 

I took Diana into my arms and rocked her softly as I leaned against one of the pillars. 

"One year ago we got married and then we found out about this little one," I said to Harry who chuckled as he took Diana from my arms. 

"A blessing in disguise. And who can't love this little girl!" Harry said and I let out a laugh as he cuddled close to her. I stared at them and wondered how the hell did I get so lucky. Coming from such a horrible family and became best friends with a prince who introduced me to his brother. 

"I love you," I whispered to Harry who smiled at me and kissed my forehead. 

"I love you too. More than you know." He said before he handed Diana back to Alice who whined softly and it broke my heart. We followed Her Majesty and Prince Phillip outside as the plane show began. 

"You speaking to your brother is good." I heard Andrew say and I turned to him. 

"I know. It just took me a while to realize that." I stated and Andrew chuckled. 

"Charles and I separated from our wives the same year and we were just so angry we didn't speak to one another until it was too late," Andrew said and I felt tears well up in my eyes. 

"It is very good you are doing this before it is too late." He said and I nodded as I turned around and held onto to Harry's arm as he held James in his. 

"Are you okay?" He whispered and I nodded as I looked forward. 

"Perfect."