Chapter Seventeen: Garden Party

Isla Richards

Isla Richards

I stood beside the Queen and Duke fixing Harry's hat. I could hear the crowd of people standing outside waiting for us. 

"Why can't you hat stay still?" I asked with a small smile. 

"It never does. Dad!" Harry said and Prince Charles turned around and smiled at us before fixing Harry's hat. I took my clutch back from Camilla and soon the national anthem began playing and we all started to walk outside. 

I had wrapped my hand around Harry's arm and we were stepping down the stairs behind his father and stepmother. When the Queen stopped we all stopped all behind her and I waved to the children who yelled my name. 

The Queen smiled at everyone before making her way down the final steps. Once every person who was here walked down those stairs we made our separate ways. I walked with Harry towards the bottom right side. 

"Ms. Isla!" A voice said and I stopped when two twin boys walked to us. 

"Hello. What are your names?" I asked as I let go of Harry's arm and stepped towards them. 

"I'm Cody and this is my brother Magnus." The boy with brown hair said and I smiled before holding out my hand. 

"Hello, Cody and Magnus. It's really nice to meet you, boys." I said and they grinned before bowing to Harry and rushing away. 

"You are a natural with children," Harry said and I smiled as we walked to the next family. 

"Children love me," I said before the father and mother bowed to Harry and when the mother stood up I saw the mother holding a baby. 

"Who's this?" I asked as the baby stuck her hands out to me. 

"This is Megan. She is seven months old." The mother said and I grinned. 

"May I hold her?" I asked and the woman quickly nodded and I scooped the baby into my arms and smiled down at her. 

"I remember when my nephew Theo was seven months old. He was a tiny baby until he turned one." I whispered as I poked the babies nose and she giggled before holding my hand tightly in her arm. 

"Bless you," I whispered before I turned and placed her right back in her mother's arms. Harry nodded to the parents before we started walking an empty path. 

"You looked like my mother," Harry whispered and I turned to face him. 

"How?" 

"My mother used to hold random babies. Play with them. Just like you just did." Harry said and I smiled as I reached up and patted his face. 

"I know how much you miss her my love. I'm sorry if I've reminded you of her." I said and he laughed softly before shaking his head. 

"It isn't a bad thing love. It's good. Really good. She would've loved you." He whispered before he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I smiled at him before grabbing his arm and following him towards the tea tent. Halfway before we got there I grinned when I saw a football being kick back and forth. 

When it landed in front of me I quickly put my foot on it and a group of boys stared at me. They quickly bowed to Harry before turning to me. 

"We are sorry Ms. Isla." 

"We didn't mean to kick it towards you." The second boy said and I laughed softly. 

"It's fine. But you were kicking wrong. You kick like this." I said before I kicked the ball with the side of my foot. The boys grinned before running after it. When they kicked it back Harry caught it and quickly spun around the boys and kicked it towards me. I laughed as I bounced the ball on my knee before bouncing it on my head towards Harry. 

Everyone around us cheered as I raced after the ball in heels and grabbed the ball before kicking it towards the little goal and cheered as Harry jogged towards me and high fived me. 

"That was awesome!" The boys yelled as the walked over to us and hugged us. 

"You two did pretty good, do you play for a team?" Harry asked and the boys nodded. 

"We hope you practice with the things we taught you," I said as I flicked my dress before grabbing Harry's hand and walking into the tent. We found our seat a couch away from Prince Charles and Camilla. As we sat down two servants gave us our tea and couples began sitting around us. 

"Isla, how are you so good with children?" A woman with a red dress asked. 

"Well, I always worked with children before I started my wedding business. Then my brother had a child. I had practice." I explained as I held my cup the way I saw Kate, the Queen and Camilla hold it a thousand time. 

"Can I ask how it feels to work with the military?" A man asked Harry and I smiled before turning to the woman. 

"I'm Nova. What made you work with children?" An elderly woman asked. 

"Growing up I didn't have an ideal childhood. My parents never wanted me. I felt left out even unwanted. I wanted to show these children who were much like me to know that they can overcome it." I said and Nova smiled at me. 

I looked up and saw the Queen and The Duke staring at me. I waited a moment before they both smiled and nodded at me. Good, they both approved of how I was today. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth

 I watched from afar with Phillip, Charles, and Camilla as Isla and Harry raced between the boys with a football. Never once did her dress hike up or her hair come out of place. 

"She reminds me of Diana," Charles said with a smile earning Camilla to pat his hand. 

"The children love her," Phillip said with a smile and I knew Harry and Isla reminds the both of us, of how we were when we just married. 

"Does he plan on marrying her Charles?" I asked and my son turned to me for a moment. 

"I don't know. Truly he hasn't told William or me anything " Charles confessed and I smiled as I patted his shoulder. 

"She'll be a wonderful wife and mother when he decided to. Much like Diana." I said with a smile as we watched Isla score a goal and cheered before Harry and the children rushed over to them. 

"Yes, yes she will," Phillip said before I began leading them to the tent. I told everyone to let us relax for a moment before filling in. Everyone stopped when Isla and Harry stepped into the room. 

I watched as Isla waved to everyone and even made faced at the babies that were here with either their parents or grandparents.

"What do you think mum?" Charles asked and I smiled as Harry grabbed Isla's hand and kissed it. 

"They are perfect for each other. Much like William and Catherine."