Chapter Forty: Telling The Word

Isla of Sussex

I smiled as Harry walked over to the bed with my heels and clutch.

"I honestly have no idea how you are going to wear heels when you are eight months." He said as I slipped my heels on and stood up.

"I don't either. I just want to go home." I said before grabbing his hand.

"Time for the world to now."

"Yes and begin to criticize that I was already pregnant while you married me," I said before taking a deep breath.

"Shh, we'll be alright." He said as he grabbed my bags and we walked out the room.

"Sarah!" I said as I saw my assitant/ stylist leaning against the wall.

"I knew I shouldn't have taken two weeks off." She said as she walked over and gave me a hug.

"I'm fine truly," I said and Sarah stared at me for a moment and smiled.

"You're having a baby." She whispered and I nodded as I felt the tears well up.

"Oh here goes her emotions. We need to get outside. Can you get her two bags to the car?" Harry asked and Sarah nodded as she took the two bags off his hands and I held out my hand for Harry to grab and we slowly made our way to the front doors.

Harry opened the door first and I stepped out and smiled when I saw all the cameras. I waved for a moment before Harry joined me and placed his left hand on my lower back.

"Their Royal Highness The Duke and Duchess of Sussex!" The royal crier called out.

"Your Highness these are for you." A nurse said and I smiled as I grabbed the yellow sunflowers.

"Thank you," I said before turning to Harry.

"We wanted everyone to know that we will be expecting our first child the early next year," Harry said and I heard everyone cheer before the snaps from the pictures.

"How far along are you?"

"Three weeks."

"Thank you," Harry said before he leads me down a couple of steps before we turned right and I saw our car waiting for us. I climbed in and sighed in relief of not being photographed.

"Maddy and Theo are at the apartment waiting for us," Harry said as the car took off.

"Oh thank god. Has my mother called?" I asked as I turned and waved to some of the children.

"Yes, she said she will be at the apartment around noon."

I turned to Harry and stared at him for a moment before patting his cheek.

"We are going to be fine. You will go and do your four months and when you get back we have two months, possibly, to prepare for this child." I said and he smiled before kissing my hand. When we pulled into the palace I climbed out the truck and met Harry on the other side.

"Auntie Isla!" Theo cried out and I turned to see my nephew walking towards me.

"Theo! I've missed you." I said as he walked over and I pulled him into a hug.

"Mummy said you are having a baby. Are you?" He asked and I smiled as we pulled apart.

"I am. I will most likely have the baby in March." I explained before watching his face light up.

"Can I meet the baby?"

"Of course you will. You'll always be here." I said before I grabbed his hand and walked over to Maddy who smiled.

"I told you that you were pregnant." She said as she hugged me.

"Come on, I'm starving," I said as I unlocked the door and we walked into the house.

"We could order pizza. Right, Uncle Harry?" Theo asked and we all turned to see Harry staring at Theo with his eyebrows raised.

"I am going to flip you," Harry said as he walked over to Theo.

"Just don't hurt my son," Maddy said as she helped me take my heels off and I took a deep breath.

"Are you alright? Are you going to pass out?" Maddy asked as she led me to the sofa.

"No, I'm starving and it's giving me a headache. Also, I was bacon." I stated and Maddy nodded before patting my head.

"I'm ordering pizza. Harry, you are paying." Maddy said as she walked towards the house phone that was hooked up to the wall in the kitchen.

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" Theo asked as he sat down next to me.

"I don't care really. As long as the baby is healthy." I said before pulling him close to me.

"You will always be my first baby," I whispered before pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"Hey what about me?" Harry whined as he scooted his way towards us.

"You can't be a baby, Uncle Harry," Theo said with a large grin on his face.

"Oh hush you two."