Chapter Eighty-Four: Madeline's Wedding

Isla of Sussex

June 8th, 2013

I smiled as I picked Diana up from her cot after Alice dressed her.

"Isla here. Your earrings and necklace." Sarah called out and I smiled as I handed her Diana and put the necklace and earrings on.

"I can't believe Her Majesty is letting me wear my mother in laws necklace, earrings, and crown," I said as I walked over to the mirror and slipped the crown on my head.

"I can. You are like her second favorite." She said before Harry came in.

"Don't you look handsome," I said as I stood up and walked over to him

"And you look gorgeous. My mother's jewelry looks amazing on you." He said and I smiled as I reached up and kissed his cheek.

"Okay. Let's get going. Carl is outside waiting for us." I said as I grabbed my clutch before taking Diana out of Sarah's arm.

"Who got her that dress?" Harry asked as we made our way outside of the castle and outside where Carl was leaning against the limo.

"James did. He somehow managed to slip it into the bag before we left." I said before we got to Carl and I kissed his cheek before he held the door open for me and I slid into the car.

"I pray she doesn't start crying during the ceremony," Harry said as both he and Carl got in and we began our drive to Royal Chapel.

"But knowing our little girl she'll find a way to make sure people notice her," I said as I looked over at Carl who looked upset.

"So are you still upset Sofia can't be publicly seen with you?" I asked and he nodded.

"People are very cruel to her. I just don't want to put her through that yet." He said and I smiled at him.

"When I was first introduced as Will's friend someone dug up everything about my life. It's what people do." I said and Harry nodded as he turned to Carl.

"All you really can do is be there for her. Then privately threaten the person who is talking about her." Harry said and I flicked his arms before the car stopped. When I looked out the window I smiled when I saw the crowd and the red carpet.

"Game faces everyone. We have a beautiful wedding to attend." I said as the door opened and Harry climbed out of the car first. He waved politely to the crowd before turning and offering his hand to me.

With Diana safely in one arm, I grabbed Harry's hand and slid out the car. I laughed as I heard the screams and waved before looking down at Diana who looked around.

I grabbed the end of my dress and climbed onto the street before following Harry towards Silvia.

"You all look so wonderful," Silvia said as she took Diana out of my arms. Harry and I both bowed to them before Victoria, Daniel, and Carl walked towards us.

"Alright, everyone. Like Isla said, game faces." Harry said as he offered me his arms once again and I waved to the crowd as we walked inside the chapel. I waved when I saw Mary and Fredrick before I broke apart from Harry and went towards them.

"Your Majesty," I said as I bowed to Queen Margrethe before I stood up and kissed her cheek.

"Isla, you do not even look like you had a child. Where is Diana?" She asked and I smiled as she grabbed my hands.

"She is with her Nana Silvia. I am starting to think she loves her more than me." I said and Mary laughed as she stood up and hugged me.

"Isabella was the same way. She would always prefer Henrik over me or Fredrick." She said and I laughed before waving hello to Fredrick.

"Is it true you helped Madeleine plan half of this?" He asked and I nodded.

"Before becoming a royal I was a wedding planner. I planned Catherine and William's wedding as well." I said and Mary smiled.

"Any parties we have while you are in Denmark just know you most likely will plan it." She said and I smiled before bowing again and excusing myself.

When I sat down next to Harry I saw Carl talking to a brunette haired woman.

"Isla, Harry. This is Sofia." He said and I smiled as I shook the girls head.

"It's wonderful to meet you Sofia. Carl won't stop talking about you." I said and she laughed.

"He speaks of you three as well. Your daughter is beautiful." She said and Harry smiled.

"Thank you. She looks like my mum. Hopefully, she likes that we named her Diana." Harry said and Sofia laughed before we heard music playing. I turned and saw Chris walking down the aisle with his mother.

"He looks so nervous," Harry said and I smiled as I took Diana out of his arms.

"We were both nervous at our wedding," I said and he smiled before pulling me close to him. When Chris and his mother got to the altar he kissed his mother's cheek before she sat down.

Soon Here Comes The Bride began playing and we all stood up. I gasped when I saw Madeleine walking with her father.

"Wow, she looks so beautiful," I whispered as I looked over her lace dress.

"She does. Look, Chris is crying." Harry said and I let out a laugh as I saw Chris wiping his eyes. When Madeleine and Carl got to the altar she kissed her fathers cheek and I felt a bang in my chest.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked as a tear slipped and I looked down at Diana who was staring back at me.

"I will never have a good relationship with my father. After the trooping, I want to take Diana to meet my brother." I whispered and Harry stared at me for a moment before smiling.

"Good, I was wondering when you would go see him." He said and I rolled my eyes before we all sat down and the vows began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Two Hours Later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I clapped when Chris and Madeline kissed before walking down the aisle. We all began to follow them and I wrapped my arm around Victoria's waist.

"How bad did you cry?" She asked as she took Diana out of my arms.

"Oh shut up. I cried three times." I said and she laughed before we stepped outside and found Madeleine.

"Wow, you look beautiful," I said as I kissed her cheek and hugged her.

"Thank you. Oh, Diana!" She said as she picked up her goddaughter.

"I still can't believe she didn't cry during the ceremony," Harry said as he walked over and took his hat off before hugging Madeleine.

"Because she knew how important this day is for her god mummy and godfather." She said and she rocked Diana slowly.

"Alright, give me my daughter and go party with your husband. I wish peace and love throughout your entire marriage." I said as I grabbed Diana.

"Thank you, Isla."