Chapter One Hundred and Eight: Christmas Party

Isla of Sussex

December 14th, 2013

I let out a laugh as I fixed Diana's dress once we stepped out of the car. I waved politely to the crowd of people and Diana followed my lead earning everyone to cheer.

I turned and saw Harry walking over from his side before he led Diana and me towards the crowd.

"Hello everyone! I can't believe it's been a year since I've seen you all." I said as I began shaking everyone's hand.

"Do you remember us?" A voice asked and I looked to see the two boys again.

"Zach and Cody! It's very nice to see you again." I said before I handed Diana to Harry and bent down in front of Zach.

I signed to him it was nice to see him again and he blushed before hiding behind his brother.

"So are you two excited for today? Do they have the stations set up again?" I asked and Cody nodded.

"Some are the same from last year but others are different." He explained and I let out a laugh as I stood up and waved goodbye to the two brothers. I followed Harry down the line as we said hello to everyone and accepted gifts.

"It is so weird. Last year you were pregnant and now here you are holding her." A woman said as I shook her hand.

"I know, for a while, we were debating if we wanted to bring her but she loves other children," I said and the woman let out a laugh.

"My Ross was just like that. Then when I gave birth to his twin sisters four months ago he never leaves there sides. Monica and Miley are so lucky to have him." She said and I smiled as I looked to see Harry swaying with Diana in his arms.

"I hope when Harry and I decide to have more children she will love them so much. She loves her little cousin George." I explained and the woman smiled softly.

"Thank you for throwing this Christmas party every year. It helps, bringing us together when our husbands or wives are away." She said and I nodded as I stood up.

"I felt very alone when my husband was deployed. I hated that feeling. I don't want anyone else to feel that way. I hope you enjoy today." I said before I made my way inside where Harry and Diana were waiting for me.

Diana practically threw herself in my arms and I laughed as I held her in my arms.

"Mummy's little girl," I whispered as I kissed her forehead.

"Oh look! It's Santa!" Harry said and I looked to see Diana clapping her hands.

"Oh, the stations are the same! The snowflakes, letters to Santa, and even the snow globes." I said and Harry let out a laugh.

"Come on, let's go take a picture with Santa," Harry said as he laced our hands together and led us over there. I stood to the left and I let the Santa hold Diana in his arms as we posed for the photo.

"Thank you!" I said as I shook the man's hand.

"Your daughter is the cutest. Merry Christmas to you all." He said and I chuckled before holding Diana in my arms as we sat at the snow globe table.

"Princess Isla!" A voice said and I looked up to see Maria.

"Ms. Maria! It's so nice to see you again!" I said as I sat Diana on my lap and Maria sat beside me.

"Is this your baby?"

"Yes, this is Diana. She is eight months old now. Can you wave Diana?" I said and Diana squealed with glee before reaching for the snow glove.

"Does she like Christmas as much as you do?" Maria asked as I began filling the snow globe with fake snow.

"I think she does. We put our Christmas tree up and she put the star on top." I explained and Maria giggled.

"Is your mummy here or your daddy?"

"Daddy, mum got called to serve this time." She said and I nodded as I looked at her.

"Are you ready for Christmas and all the presents?" I asked as I looked and saw Harry sitting beside me.

"Beyond ready. I asked my dad for this new bike! It has flowers all over it." She said and I giggled as I glued my snow globe shut and looked down at Diana who was waving a snowflake.

"When I was nine I begged my grandfather for this cool bike. Do you wanna know why he gave it to me?" I asked as I shook my snowglobe and the little flurries began flying around.

"Because you were good?"

"No, I was a very bad child. The only reason he gave it to me was that I did my chores, my homework, and never did anything wrong in school. Sometimes you just have to be good." I said before Harry sat across from me.

"We have to do the speech now. Then you can get back to playing." He said and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I hope you have fun today Maria," I said as I stood up and placed Diana on my hip as we walked toward the stage. I smiled at Harry as he tapped the mic and everyone turned to him.

"Welcome everyone! Our second year having an annual Christmas party for the families of our deployed soldiers, marines, and air techs. I hope you all have fun today and enjoy the time with your children." Harry began as everyone cheered.

"My wife and I came up with the idea of the Christmas party when I came back from deployment myself. My wife was alone and hated it. I hated it because I was the reason she was so alone."

"We bring you all together so you may lean on one another. It gets lonely during the holidays. But I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Years. Enjoy!" Harry said and I cheered softly as I bounced Diana who giggled.

"Look at daddy," I whispered as I watched Harry shake hands with some of the family members and I smiled at him.

When Harry turned to me he sent me a wink and I laughed softly. He walked over to me and pressed a quick kiss to my lips and I could see the flashes of everyone's camera.

"What was that for?" I asked and Harry shrugged.

"Because I love you, that's why. Now let's go make some snowflakes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 20th, 2013

@DailyMail_UK: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have released their Christmas photo for this year. This year it is only of Princess Diana in front of their Christmas tree at their home in Sandringham.