Chapter Fifteen: Happy Birthday Theo

Isla Richards

I woke up to my nephew screaming that it's his birthday. I rolled out of the bed and opened the door to see Theo standing in front of me grinning at me.

"I should throttle you." I hissed and he laughed softly before hugging my legs.

"Hurry up Auntie Isla! Mummy's making breakfast." He said as he let me go and I made my way to the bathroom. My clothes were already laid out thanks to Maddy.

I brushed teeth before taking my clothes off and hopping in the shower. Once I got out I got dressed, brushed my hair and slipped my little scarf in my hair. I slipped my shoes on before walking out the bathroom and towards the kitchen where Maddy and Theo were sitting down.

"Happy birthday honey," I said as I kissed his forehead and sat in the middle.

"Okay, so Theo everything is already set in the backyard with the slip and slide, water balloons, and everything else you wanted," Maddy said as she plopped a piece of bacon in her mouth.

"Thank you, mum," Theo said with a grin before we all quietly went back to eating. The doorbell ringed and Maddy took a deep breath before walking to the door. I looked over at the clock and saw it was eleven and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Did you guys wait this long before waking me up?" I asked as Theo stood up.

"Yea, mum thought you were dead." He said making me laugh as I grabbed the dirty dishes and began washing them.

"Theo, your friend Zach is here," Maddy called out and all I saw was Theo and the little boy rush outside and Maddy leading the other parent outside. I shook my head before I finished the dishes and walked back to my room and grabbed my black sunglasses and cell phone.

When I walked outside two more kids with there and I just stood there shocked before Maddy grabbed my hand.

"Okay with seeing all these kids?" She asked and I laughed before shaking my head.

"I only want about two kids maybe three but I can't imagine planning my kids birthday this big. These many kids that I have to watch freak me out." I said and Maddy laughed before we turned and watched Theo and some of the boys run and slip on the slip and slide.

"Do you remember when I invited you over for the summer and we did that every weekend?" Maddy asked and I snorted.

"Yea, I remember my parents forced me to bring Andrew for the summer. Weren't we like thirteen?" I began and Maddy nodded with a soft smile.

"I always said that was the day you and he fell in love. I know my brother loved you dearly." I whispered and Maddy took a deep breath before nodding.

"I told Theo that his dad is here watching over him on this day. Do you remember how excited he was when I told him?" Maddy questioned making me laugh.

"Oh god yes. I was only twenty-one and was like a tiny human coming into this family. Switch to panic mode." I said laughing before I heard Theo call for Maddy.

"Go, I'll sulk here by myself," I said as I shoved her towards her son before sitting down near the cooler as Zach's father began the grill.

"So you're the famous aunt Theo always talks about at my house." The man said and I nodded as I reached over and grabbed a soda.

"I wouldn't say famous. I'm just dating a guy who is like fourth in line to the crown." I said making him laugh.

"Pretty famous. I'm Leo. My son is Zach and my wife is over there helping to throw the kids into the slip and slide." He said and I smiled at him.